Imagestation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagestation help

Well I use imagestation.com to host all my pics, but it wont let me post the actual size image, it always makes me take off the orig.jpg, then when you post it will show up a smaller version. For example I just uploaded a pic that was 1000x750 pixels, but for it to let me post on here I have to rename the URL, and it'll show up on here about half the original size. And if I leave the original url this error box will come up from there site. Does anyone know a way I can post the larger sized images?
    Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Be sure you put it in your album, and then take the link directly from there. It sounds like you're getting the thumbnail image...

Comment

thats what I do, I add them to my album then view, and if I click on the image for the full size image it has the .jpg.orig.jpg at the end of it, and I cant post that URL over here....and if I use the link of the first pic in the album it shows up the smaller version??? Any more ideas? Or any other good hosting sites, that are user friendly? Thanks Deevy
      Jay

Comment

have you tried taking away the .orig in the filename that they create for you?

when you check the properties (link) of the picture, you'll see that they added a .orig to the filename.

don't copy the .orig... just copy the link address up to the .jpg.

that might help... ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, make sure that you are not linking the thumbnail picture that's being hosted at imagestation. like deevergote said.

Comment

Ok heres what I did:
          open up my album, choose the image I want to use, open up the full size image, copy url until the orig.jpg, and this is what I get...

Comment

and it shows up 450x... when the image I copied the url from is 1300x750? How can I not link from the thumbnail....sorry Im not the best computer guy.
            Thanks for the help guys
            Jay

Comment

Any more ideas? A different host?
              Jay

Comment

hmmmm... I guess I just never tried to make a pic larger than that!

Here's what you do... Open a Geocities account and upload your pics. Change their extentions to .txt (yes, a text file). Then link to them here as images. Believe it or not, it will work.

See:

Comment

Heres my geocities try....

Comment

it works! Thanks a bunch D'Goat! Now I need to create me a new geocities account.
                    Jay

Comment

still lovin that pic tho.... veryyy nice

Comment

Working...
                      X