PSP efficienado's check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP efficienado's check-in

Alright guys, here's the thing. Recently I've just had this HORRIBLE urge to buy a PSP, however I can't talk myself into parting with the $250 for a "value pack". Well, the next logical step for me was ebay. I found more than a few auctions for PSP's and all come with like a 1 gig mem stick and some are even white. The price for this package is about $160. It seems just too good to be true. Well I went into a few of the specs and some of the PSP's are the UK version. Does this make such a huge difference? I mean will it do all the things the US $250 one will? Some I found were shipping from Hong Kong with free shipping. I talked to a few friends and they said that all PSP games and systems are region free right now. Is this accurate? Being region free, would that mean I could play japanese games without having to mod the PSP like in previous versions of the playstation? Thanks to all who took the time to read this, and to those who respond!
    Last edited by Masamune; 10-01-2005, 04:15 PM.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Afficianados.

I dont' have a PSP, but have a Nintendo DS. Oh well, I'm out.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I have a PSP. You need to get it man. They got internet!!! little ass thing got internet. You need a router though for signal. You can get a PSP used at your local game shop for like 140. I got mine for 109 because it had a little scratch on the side. But a little sanding and repainting fixed it back up.
      I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
        Afficianados.

I dont' have a PSP, but have a Nintendo DS. Oh well, I'm out.
        I have officially been owned on spelling. Thank you good sir.
        Fix your Computer!

D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

no one else knows anything? c'mon guys, there's gotta be more than a few.
          Fix your Computer!

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

You need the US ones. Although its similar to the UK Version.
            The only difference is in the way it reads discs.
            The games that come here in the US and North America
            are Coded Region 1. The Ones in the UK and Europe are region 2.

So if you do get that version PSP then i guess you need to buy
            all of your games Region 2. I dont think they sell them here in the States.
            So hitting up eBay to get your games is no fun.

Thats the only difference with them.
            The coding they use to read the software.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

Originally posted by TiTo92E_X
              You need the US ones. Although its similar to the UK Version.
              The only difference is in the way it reads discs.
              The games that come here in the US and North America
              are Coded Region 1. The Ones in the UK and Europe are region 2.

So if you do get that version PSP then i guess you need to buy
              all of your games Region 2. I dont think they sell them here in the States.
              So hitting up eBay to get your games is no fun.

Thats the only difference with them.
              The coding they use to read the software.
              No, the games are region free, its the umd videos that can only play in a particular region. I know many people with us psp's playing japanese umd games. I download all countries games on my US psp

Comment

just don't buy the POP station. to that is all i really have to say. *cough* BUY NINTENDO *cough*

Comment

there is no doubt in my mind that the psp has alot more in terms of emulators and homebrew apps. its a really cool device but as i have a chipped ps2 w/ a harddrive i have little need for gaming on the go. between the two, the DS gives some good younger-age titles among other things like wireless connectivity. the PSP can show movies on a beautiful LCD screen and like someone said, the internet. its got laptop functionality at a gaming-console pricetag.
                  1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

i want one. just don'treally have the need for one right now.

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Working...
                    X