how long are you gonna keep your cb7??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long are you gonna keep your cb7??

I was thinking i might get rid of mine if i get a 350z...but i love my car too much....i want to get a 3 car garage....so i can keep my cb7 4 life!!! How long do you guys plan on keeping yours?

3 years from now i'll sell it. once i get a full time job. i'll probably buy a G35 coupe.

Comment

im keeping mine forever i love it too much it is my first car in 100 years it will be in a museum showcased preserved

Comment

Barring some sort of cataclysmic event, I know I'll have my CB until at least the fall of 2007. I've put too much into body work to get rid of it at this point. I'll be out of school for aboue 4 months at that point, hopefully gainfully employed. I'm pretty sure I'll get a new car at that point. I'm definitely leaning heavily towards the new Si, but that's another story.

But, I don't see myself selling the CB when I get the new car, I think the CB will become a more "extreme" car than it is now (ie. different suspension, motor things, etc) and something more I can test and tune on weekends than something that has to be a reliable daily driver.

I don't want to drive anything too extreme to work every day.

Comment

she's going classic.

the plan.
          she gets parked in three years, when I buy a [insert awd turbo car here]
          members/ride | the/website
          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

FOREVER! I could never give up my pride and joy. It was my first car and I worked my ass off to buy it.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

good question...hmm....

I'm a student, and I work as a waiter/boss at my dads resturant and maintaining my cb9 and my weekend car isnt really that easy. Ive had the wagon in the family since it was new off the show room floor, and went on many family trips with the car so it also holds a sentimental value as well. It was my first car, and the first car I ever tempted to modify. Its out lasted with the least amount of problems the other newer cars my parents have owned.

I dont really want any payments right now....so, im planning to fix what i need to fix and drive that thing for the next 10 years or so. I also got into an accident about 2 years ago and totalled my blue 2003 accord ex-v6 (some kid cut me off and almost hit me...so i braked hard to avoid hitting him and lost control and hit the center divider on the freeway). So, im waiting for my insurance payments to go down a bit before I can even consider getting a new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                Barring some sort of cataclysmic event
                .....ill keep it for as long as i can, like until it falls apart. the only time the ownership will change is if i am handing the title to the junkyard along with the car.

i mean, who wants to buy an accord w/ 350k?

Comment

I'll have mine for as long as it'll last. Then I plan on another accord...hopefully v6 coupe.

Comment

The courts are still out on that.. I have no idea.. I could keep it the way it is until I sell it in a few years, I could swap in a more powerful engine, or I could sell it and buy an SRV 4th Gen. Prelude.. We shall see..
                    1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

I wanted a CB ever since I was 14 (now 19). I'm keeping mine forever, it means so much to me Years down the road when I have much more experience, I'll buy a 92/93 DX 4DR 5Spd, strip it out completely and have a basic + efficient setup similar to Eric's (AccordR33)

Comment

why not a more sufficient setup my setup and the suspensions done up properly . Hell my setup rapes most cars today when you can look at a maxima laugh let him get a 5-6 car lead then ace him youve got balls.

Comment

Well, I was planning on keeping my old one FOREVER....that is until it was rear-ended and completely totalled. I'm now currently searching for another clean 4th gen.....and when I find it I will be keeping that one FOREVER.
                          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

FOR ALL ETERNITY. even when i die i will take it with me. i will drive it in heaven hehe or hell w/e lol my pride and joy. if it were a chic i would marry it.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

until i graduate college and get a real job.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                              www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Working...
                              X