• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by micksf22accord
    Ewwww....gross!

j/k....
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

dont bother buying a gibson if you're just starting out. They're way overpriced if you ask me. As far as accoustics go, I dont know what to tell you. I'm an electric guy. Check out guitargeek.com . they've got a good set of forums that i've learned a lot from.

Comment

i bought a eric clapton fender strat and love it!!! but if your not into metal etc there is nothing that compares to a high quality acoustic guitar
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

doesn't anybody like rickenbackers on here? i love their twangy sound. my dad plays in a beatle's cover band with his friends as a hobby, they play weddings and business meeting sometimes too. my dad likes to collect, so i've had the opportunity to see a lot of first hadn experience with several guitars. some are basses though, got the mccartney hofner, 76 gibson eb4 bass (sg bass), 2 rickenbacker 4003's......man i love those. such a great sound. great looking. as for guitars, check out the ricks man! i personally hate all fenders other than the old telecasters. i love the sound a 6 string ric makes, but te 64 george harrison re-issue 12 string is to die for, also discontinued and now hella costly, but if you get into guitars a lot, i'd pick one up. there's also a nice gibson but i don't know the model, not a les paul, but a lot of bands play them, probably the 3rd most popular gibson, or tied at second with the sg...looks like a gretsch styled guitar....12 string takamines are nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
            dont bother buying a gibson if you're just starting out. They're way overpriced if you ask me.
            Dude you don't have to buy the top-of-the-line gibson....just do what I did, but a used Gibson les paul studio. I happen to find somebody going to college and need some money so he sold it to me cheap. Just keep your eyes open...
            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

gibson les paul is without a doubt one of the best and P.R.S. "personaly i like les paul better" for electric. Fender strats are nice if usa made and even mexico fender strats are nice to. It really just depends on who assembled the parts together and then the type of humbuckers. the key is the builder.

Martin is good for acoustic. or Ovaiation's are not bad for what they cost to.

but since your just starting out go and get one of the 100 squier strats, there not bad for the money but see about getting somone to reset the head to make it really easy to play cause most likely from factory it will be off cause it is after all a cheap guitar. then if you decide to continue, spend the 1k and up on a gibson less paul.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                ok, so this isnt acoustic, but its cheap, and i know ebay links arent allowed, but is this a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SQUIER-ST...QQcmdZViewItem
                dont buy those.

i have a squier myself, but its a Standard series, not the Affinity. The affinity is the lowest of the low, and you will not have a good time learning on that one. The standard is okay, definatley a hell of a lot better than those.

Comment

back when i was a guitar ricer i wanted to buy a squier srat and sand off the squier and put a fender decal

but im no longer a guitar ricer

true story

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                  bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                    back when i was a guitar ricer i wanted to buy a squier srat and sand off the squier and put a fender decal

but im no longer a guitar ricer

true story
                    haha

I dont really mind my squier. Its kind of nice to not have to worry about it getting damaged or whatnot. It doesnt play too bad, and new pickups make it sound better.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                      doesn't anybody like rickenbackers on here
                      Wow ... and to think I was almost gonna suggest that .. lol .. I really honestly didnt think
                      anyone would appreciate a nice Rickenbacker .. talk about pricey tho .. whew ..

I like the old fretless bass they made awhile back .. wow .. they're an awesome guitar for sure ..
                      But yeamans17 is really just starting out .. and btw .. that squier set-up isn't really the greatest ..
                      but changing pick-ups does help ... although .. once again .. I wouldnt wanna get into
                      changing pick-ups, if I was just starting out ..

yeamans17 .. just keep your eyes peeled .. you'll find a great deal on a *quality* guitar
                      somewhere/sometime .. I mentioned Gibson because you can *grow* into one ..
                      Besides .. if you ever do decide to sell it .. you'll get a great market value for it ..
                      Sorta like a Honda ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                        Wow ... and to think I was almost gonna suggest that .. lol .. I really honestly didnt think
                        anyone would appreciate a nice Rickenbacker .. talk about pricey tho .. whew ..

I like the old fretless bass they made awhile back .. wow .. they're an awesome guitar for sure ..
                        But yeamans17 is really just starting out .. and btw .. that squier set-up isn't really the greatest ..
                        but changing pick-ups does help ... although .. once again .. I wouldnt wanna get into
                        changing pick-ups, if I was just starting out ..

yeamans17 .. just keep your eyes peeled .. you'll find a great deal on a *quality* guitar
                        somewhere/sometime .. I mentioned Gibson because you can *grow* into one ..
                        Besides .. if you ever do decide to sell it .. you'll get a great market value for it ..
                        Sorta like a Honda ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi
                        MY uncle has a 7 string rickenbacker

wont let me play it though

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

u can get a standard series squier for a that price at a guitar center. o and if u know somboy that works for guitar center u can get a fender usa strat with a squier neck on it for the same price! lol. good luk, standard squiers are good for the money, but the affientys are not that great.

Comment

actually, the resale on USA fender strats are pretty nice. If you can find em, they're usually 500-600 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                            X