No announcement yet.

guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're gonna buy an electric .. get youself a nice Gibson Les Paul .. one a the nicest sounding
    guitars on the market, for the money .. I'm partial to thr Les Paul model because of the
    nice rich sound, and *feel* of it .. I'm not a fan of the Fender Strat's .. all tho, they're not
    all that bad .. I just always liked the Les Paul's ..

In as much as acoustic guitars is concerned .. I sold a nice Martin D-28 in Hawaii
    before I moved here .. Martin's are awesome .. lil pricey .. but awesome .. and a nice alternative
    to the Martin, are the Takamine guitars .. alot less pricey, and a really good sounding acoustic.
    I also owned a Gibson (SunBurst) at one time .. but if you find one on eBay .. still be prepared
    to pay out the kazzooo ..

How much you planning on spending anyhow? Take a look at some Takamine acoustic's
    on eBay .. and you might be able to find a nice Les Paul electric .. if you're patient ...

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Les Paul hands down, if your serious about it. and have a good amount of cash. If you are just starting out, dont spend a million dollars on a guitar, you never know if your gonna stay with it. its a very frustrating hobby at times

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

x3 les paul my uncle has 2 of them

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

http://ctska.com/yabb/index.php/topic,1496.0.html

I personally dont play guitar, I would love to . . . but I dont have that type of commitment . . . the link i posted is a great discussion on certain types of guitars . . . all are affordable since the kids having the discussion are barely out of thier teens . . . mid twenties at best
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I'll reply to this when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              I'll reply to this when I get home
              LOL !!! You just did? heheheh .. j/k .. but, I'll keep track of this thread just to see
              what you end up with yeamans17? .. I'm still seeking that magic *Takamine* myself ..
              I wanna get one that has a pick-up in/on it ... so I can *plug-in* ..

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

Comment

im looking at getting a decently priced acoustic id like to pick it up...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                  i'm thinking just a descent acoustic, i kinda started to learn over the summer, and now i have the opportunity to take an acoustic guitar winter term class, and dont want to have to borrow my dads guitar, i would rather have my own in case i break it or something
                  Wellll .. go with a nice Takamine .. very affordable guitar's .. and make sure you spend
                  a good dollar on a very nice case .. hard-shell case at that .. don't skimp out on the soft one's.
                  They suck ass, and you'll def get a ding in your nice new box at one time or another ..

G'luck with the search .. pics when you get it ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi

Comment

I know you're past the electric phase, but here's a pic of my two guitars

The one on the left is my Tokai AST-56 and the one on the right is my Agile double cut.

The Tokai was my first guitar, given to me by my cousin who found it in his rehersal space. I hotrodded it with a Duncan Invader pickup and chrome volume knobs. It's the same pick up used by Tom Delonge in Blink's Enema of the State days. It's probably very hard to find another one of those.

My other guitar I recently picked up from my friend. It's by a company called Agile, which actually is sold on Ebay. It's a copy of a Les Paul Double cut. I actually really like it, its a good solid guitar and it sounds really nice. I have it set up so it will play Finch and Finch-esque songs, but I'm sure it would sound fine in normal tuning. I would recommend something like this if you want to go electric.

While it might not be a "name" guitar, its still a very solid piece of equipment and isn't too pricey in case you choose not to stick with it. The Les Pauls mentioned earlier will run you over 1,000 for a good model.

You could also do what a lot of people do and get a Squier Strat pack. A Squier is pretty much a very stripped down Fender Strat (not as good of materials used) but retains the look of a Strat. The Strat pack comes with the amp, cables and straps so that you can play right out of the box. I'm actually considering picking up a Bass Pack eventually.

Comment

get a taylor acoustic. You will nut your self for sure. I did

Comment

for electric, go with gibson les paul....I got lucky and picked one up for 650 bucks. For acustics, check out sea gull guitars, they are alsome and price ranges from 150-850 bucks and many good musicians around here liked my sea gull guitar as much as or more than other beginning or advance guitars and only cost me 350 bucks new. I'll post pics of my guitars if you want to see them.
                        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I really like the old pevey plus electrics

I have one im going to host pcis now holdon

Dynamic racing

Comment

No I dont have a flower pillow case...

Thats the geust room where i keep my guitar

Dynamic racing

Comment

As far as Acoustic's go, I am a big fan of Taylor too.

As for electrics, I have a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Fat Strat.

I personally like the Fender better because it has better tonal range, and I think it is easier to play. You can't go wrong with either though.

I have an Ibanez acoustic that sounds VERY good for the price, but it is harder to play because it requires a lot more finger pressure than other acoustics I have played.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ive heard nothing but good things about ovation guitars . . . i think theyre electric acoustics . . . i also think theyre expensive
                                -Mark-
                                CB7
                                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X