Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very awkward moment today with the car... + a random picture!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very awkward moment today with the car... + a random picture!

Driving over my wife's grandmothers house today, going the normal way I always do...

Hit a bumpy road that is getting redone, and once I get off the road, my car starts acting up.

At first I thought it was a burnt valve, and I know what a burnt valve feels like because I burned many a valve in my NAWSED Teggy, but it wasn't...

The car would idle hard as hell, shaking the shit out of me ans when I stepped on the gas, it sounded exactly like a burnt or bent valve sounds like...

I'm like "This freaking think barely has any miles on it and was never driven over 60mph by the previous owner"

I couldn't believe that 2 weekends in a row, my car was messing up! So I pulled oer and popped the hood.

The engine was shaking violently vertically...

I had no clue what the hell it was... many thoughts ran through my head...

Then just before I was about to go insane I found the culprit!

A plug wire had worked its way off the dizzy!

You have no clue how happy I was!

I had a great rest of the day, thinking about how what happened could have been a lot worse!

So I ride another day...

My CB7

oh ok? thats good it was only a plug wire

Comment

Its nice having stupid problems like that. Or easy solutions I should say. My car was idling at like 2k going to the Orlando meet, I got there, and found a vacuum line slipped off when I was messing with it. Solved that most annoying problem.

Comment

how do they just pop off? that has never happened to me. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Nice picture of yourself.

Comment

kinda like how the camry wouldnt idle when turned on and it'd die. we were gonna purchase a whole new dizzy when it turned out to be the intake tubing just fell off.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by drucifer92
              Nice picture of yourself.
              Holy shit that was creative.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

If you were a plug wire, and you saw a fat guy that wanted to cuddle... wouldn't you pop off too?

Comment

Working...
                X