Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some states need Front License plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    mine has been off for 4 years and i have never had any problem from anyone
    lucky...i've been pulled over twice.

they usually require it for cameras, reading plates, etc.
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I live in Texas as well and I have never had a front plate on any of my cars....and no one has ever messed with me about it. That is one of the things I loved about living in Phoenix, out in Arizona they only issue you one plate for the rear...no front plates at all.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        That's probably the biggest reason right there...its also why they're reflective.

I don't care for mine, but I don't feel like getting a $60 ticket for not having one either.
        actually its $30 i got one when i had a kitted cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
          actually its $30 i got one when i had a kitted cb7.
          Hmm...okay.

My friend got a $60 ticket for not having a plate, but I think he also got fined because he had the front plate on back, or it was upside down or something random like that.

I hate my front plate.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Hmm...okay.

My friend got a $60 ticket for not having a plate, but I think he also got fined because he had the front plate on back, or it was upside down or something random like that.

I hate my front plate.
            yea i have gotten a warning for a dirty back plate.....and it was completely readable too......but hey driving a honda u expect to get pulled over for the stupidest crap.

Comment

i've never met any one who has gotten a ticket for a front license plate. some of my friends were STOPPED for not having one, but never cited... just warned.

they wont get rid of that rule... its just a reason for cops to stop unusual or suspicious people. My CB didn't come with a front LP when we bought it from the auction. My dad has NEVER been pulled over with not having a front LP. but when i drove a month ago....

young looking mexican

goatee, mustache etc etc

bitch pulled me over... fucking ***...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

actually, my cousing got a ticket for not having a front LP. he is from arizona and was just visiting for a week, and just b/c my cousin is mexican, he got pulled over. and when he told the cop that he was just visiting, the cop told him that he would have to go to court and say that, then my cousing told the pig that he was leaving in 3 days and couldnt go to the court, so the fucking pig just arrests him. im like WTF! I was in the car with him, with no fucking ride and no cell phone(i was like 10 at the time, 18 now) so i ask the cop if he could give me a ride home, and he says "no, walk ur ass home," and of course, me being a little kid not knowing anything walk my ass home, which took about half an hour, and it was around 11 at night. fuckin pigs

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i've had to rock a front plate for so long here in cali i just got used to it doesn't bother me anymore.
                  CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                    i dont mind it....helps the cops run the plates easier. around here theres old plates there green and if you have those theres no need for a front plate becuase when those green plates were in use front plates werent used. but now with the new mass plates front plates are a must i dont mind really. its also so if a cops in front of you he can run your plate if needed......and yes cops can decode plates even when being red through a mirrorr. lol
                    Yeah my mom still has her old green plates from the Cb7 (my old whip) on her Camry.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

shit for as long as ive been around VA has always had front LPs. mines currently in my window and havent had a problem but that might be because i aint got a bumper to put it on?? yea i still think its stupid to have em and a cb7 looks soooooo much better without one.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                      You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

i dunno if id make this a mexician black white issue im a WHITE girl and i get pulled over all the time for my plate, its even on the front of my car but they say it cant be behind the mesh screen even tho you can read it.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                          i dunno if id make this a mexician black white issue
                          No, everything is racist. The po po is just tha KKK... or something.

Im honestly surprised I havent seen anybody post "fuck the police" yet.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

fuck the police.

but on a side note. i received one no front plate ticket. and it was directly to teh hardware store for zip ties as soon as i pulled away. some shit is just too petty to fight.

Comment

mine is in the front window. cops around here are dicks but there is a loophole. if there is not a factory mount you don;t have to have one

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                                i dunno if id make this a mexician black white issue im a WHITE girl and i get pulled over all the time for my plate, its even on the front of my car but they say it cant be behind the mesh screen even tho you can read it.
                                its cause of automotive profiling. since your car looks "done up" they need a reason to stop you to give you a hard time, hopping you dont race or some stupid shit, or just a reason to bitch about your ride height and or exhaust

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                                X