Hurricane Rita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Rita

I guess I'll start the 1st real thread about it.

As of 02:41 CDT on 9/22/05,The Weather Channel is calling for Houston/Galveston to get nailed by a Cat 5 on Friday, and Dallas (400 miles inland) is going to get nailed by Rita downgraded to a Cat 1 this weekend with between 5 and 10 inches of rain, with up to 25" locally in Houston area; Oklahoma is expected to have tropical storm force winds and accompanying precip.

Texas /Louisiana Gulf Coast: if you're between Corpus Christi and New Orleans, RUN AWAY. Galveston is set up far better for a big hurricane beating than NOLA, but expect a mess.

Lets see if the Weather Channel predictions are on target or not.

NOAA's 5 day weather forecast for Rita: RIGHT HERE.

GL to any CB7t members that are in the path of this mess.
    Last edited by ACCORDianate; 09-22-2005, 03:09 AM.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

i for one, am sick of hurricanes.. destroying shit and raising gas prices doesnt help anyone, but yes my prayers are with anyone in the area.! be safe
    2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

ya be safe. hope everything is okay.....global warming maybe? and temperature pressures??
      hahahahah

Comment

yea i feel sorry fo thoses cb7's in austin and houston in the direct path but it will come up to dallas but it wont be as bad but pray or the families cause i know i dont want anything bad to happen but thats unlikely

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
        nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
        nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
        nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
        nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

wow...it sucks even more cause i've become good friends with quite a couple of ppl in TX. Get the F' outta there guys...ASAP!
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

hurricane rita, fuck that bitch

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
              yea i feel sorry fo thoses cb7's in austin and houston in the direct path but it will come up to dallas but it wont be as bad but pray or the families cause i know i dont want anything bad to happen but thats unlikely
              Yeah this fucking sucks

First of all, a guy was supposed to come over and buy my truck, but since the weather is going to be horrible, no $3k for me yet

And second of all, the ACL Music Festival is this weekend!

Comment

I know this is not something to joke about but it seems like it is chasing the ones it missed from katrina, I mean aren't alot of the victims of katrina there in dallas and houston. It is really gonna suck for them if they have to go thru two deadly storms

Comment

yea about 20 thousand people from new orleans moved to houston and now they have to move again yea it sucks for them

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                  nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                  nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                  nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                  AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                  AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                  AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                  nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Hellyeah I saw it on the news how the whole fuckin highway was backed up for miles. Thankyou bush for summoning the fuckin disasters i blame his ass. And watch him raise the gas prices to pimp it up somemore.

Comment

my cousing its stuck in huston texas. she can't get out. she told me that all streets are blocked of by everyone trying to leave and she don't have a car. she and another family are going to ride it out in a appartment building.
                      fucking hurricane
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

well then they better hit the bike or do it up on foot because its comin.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                          Thankyou bush for summoning the fuckin disasters i blame his ass. And watch him raise the gas prices to pimp it up somemore.
                          i hope you dont honestly feel this way . . .
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            Hellyeah I saw it on the news how the whole fuckin highway was backed up for miles. Thankyou bush for summoning the fuckin disasters i blame his ass. And watch him raise the gas prices to pimp it up somemore.
                            I hope you really don't feel that way as well; it is a very naive point of view.

Thanking someone for sommoning a hurricane? You've been playing too many computer games or watching too much Harry Potter.

Raising gas prices are not Bush's doing either. Its simple supply and demand. As the refineries along the gulf coast shut down (and there's a lot of them there) the supply is lessened and restricted yet the demand remains (ie: aircraft, cars, SUVs and other vehicles that require fossil fuels). Fuel prices fluctuate due to this, not because a single individual decides to change them on a whim.

Everyone should be grateful that the residents of Houston are taking Katrina as a lesson and are actually trying to flee the city instead of trying to stick this one through. They realise what could happen and are determined not to let it happen to them. Traffic backup? Sure. When a city or metropolitan area of 3.5+ million people evacuates its going to cause some tie-ups regardless of the infrastructure that exists. I have more to add to this but I my wife is waiting on me to go grocery shopping with her.

Oh, and I hope everyone filled up their cars today before gas prices spike again due to the refinery shutdowns.
                            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

hmmm...world trades centers falling.....countries invaded...tsunami's killing with deadly force...hurricanes taking out cities..............is it our access to hyper fast media...or is something else coming?

Comment

Working...
                              X