haha...funny story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha...funny story

Check this out, some of you may remember that I had a 92 Civic a few months ago that served as my daily driver until I could find another Accord. Well, I did eventually end up selling it to someone I work with. This guy bought it for his nephew or something. The kid who ended up getting it was driving somewhere when the cops tryed to pull him over....well, he decided to run. After about an hour long chase the cops were able to stop him, how I do not know, and needless to say he went to jail. Anyway, long story short....I get a call from some impound lot down in central Texas and the lady told me that "my 92 Civic" was there. Apparently, the new owner never transferred the title into his name. Technicly, I'm still the registered owner and since the other guy is now in jail, I was told that all I have to do is pay the impound fee of $350 and the car is mine. This kicks so much ass....I sold it to this guy for $2,200 not even two months ago, and now all I have to do is pay $350...and I get to sell it again! The lady at the impound said that the car still ran fine and that there was no apparent body damage of any kind. haha...looks like I finally get a chance to capitalize on somebody elses stupidity.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

you better watch it...karma's a bitch! it might get you good one day!

Comment

dude, thats fucking great.Don't sell it, built a d-series ninja!!!

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

wow that rawks!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Thats hot.
          Its like you got a check for $1850

Damn, why cant i get a check for $1850??

Comment

when the kid gets out, you think he will ask for the car back even though its legally yours? In PA, you can't sell the car unless the title is transfered. Texas must be different. Funny shit though....he's a dumbass for trying to outrun the law in a civic lol.

Comment

When he comes out of jail, what makes you think he wont come looking for you?
              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

He was sure as hell singing this tune when they arrested him :I fought the law and the law won...
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

if you worked with the guy....what does he say? i'd say get it back...and if the guy doesn't pay you plus some, then oh well. resell it.
                  I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                    if you worked with the guy....what does he say? i'd say get it back...and if the guy doesn't pay you plus some, then oh well. resell it.
                    Yeah, legally obviously its yours... BUT, you are dang lucky he didnt do any damage or anything since it was still in your name. Did you guys sign a bill of sale or anything, that could prove that it is his although you better make sure to teach him a lesson that he could have very well screwed you up bigtime with not taking the responsibility to register/insure it.

Comment

heh...it probably has some wear and tear from the kid driving 100+ for over an hour on it...
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol RE SELL IT HAHWHAHAHAAHWHAW

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Yeah my friend that I sold it to, which is the uncle of the kid who went to jail, told me that they had absolutely no intentions of reclaiming the car. Supposedly, this kid had some other issues or something and he would be going to jail for 3 or so years. They pretty much said "fuck that car, if you want to pay the impound fee you can have it back". Not only that, but my buddy is even going to give me the title back! So not only is the car still legally mine, but the current owner even agreed to hand me the title so I don't have to file for a "lost title". haha...I hope that boy learned his lesson.
                          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

awesome
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

wait....if it was in your name, then he must have been driving with no insurance...unless you never cancelled insurance? This could be bad for you, if insurance thinks you let this kid borrow your car, its gonna go against you. and then its gonna be a bitch to straighten it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X