slam the car, or fix the rust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slam the car, or fix the rust?

should i get a nice suspension setup going, or fix up the rust problems and paint first? all opinions welcome

1991 Accord LX

depends on how much rust there is. if there is more than on the trunk. i would prolly get ridd of and start off with something more sturdy. is the cancer all the way through? or just surface?

Comment

Rust. Whats the point of having nice stuff on a shitty car? (I know Im being hypocritical ) But seriously, there is no question here. You shouldnt even have to ask.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

RUST! although i am all about the slamming
        My members ride thread

Comment

I would def. get the rust taken care off, then slam it...good luck on your decision.

Comment

i think we need pictures of the cancer victem, so that we can decide for YOU as to what YOU should do with YOUR car.
            remember it is your creation. do you really want to start off a new relationship with a blow torch and a can of bondo...

Comment

Originally posted by snailin91
              do you really want to start off a new relationship with a blow torch and a can of bondo...
              ...what kind of question is that?
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

If you shrug off the rust, you'll find that it'll spread quite quickly. Something that will take $700 to fix now might cost you $3000 in a year. Do it now. Suspension can wait!

AccordWarrior just paid out the bum for his rust repair... then I took a trip to MA to help him lower his car Rust before suspension! Now he's rust free, nicely lowered, and ready for more!

Comment

i will think hard about this. i'll get some pics tomorrow for you guys. the drivers side rust is visible because the paint chipped off. the passenger side is bubbling like no other. pics tomorrow! i mean later today... it's 1:10am...

it's not only rust, it's the damn dings all over also. especially the tiny ones all over the surface that look like someone poked into my car with a pen

1991 Accord LX

Comment

coilovers and a swap... F the body. ugly fast ass car

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                      coilovers and a swap... F the body. ugly fast ass car
                      if it were that easy, i'd do it. my car is an auto, so swapping would be pointless right now, to me at least... i'd have to get the whole deal, engine and tranny swapped

1991 Accord LX

Comment

Rust > Suspension > Swap.

I actually had the suspension before the rust...but I didn't put it on until after.

Catch the rust before you lose the inner wheel wells.

Comment

Rust must die first.

Comment

kill the rust bro, then do a drop.
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

deff kill the rust nothin worse than a rusty ass car but me down in texas dont have to worry but yea you get the message looks like you got lots of people saying get rid of the rust

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X