I feel I've been here long enough to ask something like this... -sigh-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel I've been here long enough to ask something like this... -sigh-

here's probably the most RETARDED question a regular on here can ask, but here I go...

do the letters on the shift colum, next to the shifter, on a slushbox, light up?

my mom SWEARS when her and pops first bought the CB seven years back, that the letters were illuminated.

"i thought it was one of the best features of the car." - mom

"Lights? Lights to what?" - dad

I say they never did... (they dont light up now, obviously)

uhm, any one wanna help me out? Do the letters on the shifter light up (P R N D etc, not on the cluster, the shifter itself)

</end retarded question>

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

I read a post somewhere before on here that they in fact DO light up. I don't remember where the thread was though. Maybe a search could dig it up or something.
    According to the post I read though, the light burns out really easy or something.

Mine.
    "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
    "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

Originally posted by avendi
      I read a post somewhere before on here that they in fact DO light up. I don't remember where the thread was though. Maybe a search could dig it up or something.
      According to the post I read though, the light burns out really easy or something.
      i swear to god ive never seen them illuminated, my mom says it lasted three years into her ownership... and i've never notived it? wtf..

any one gots pics?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
        i swear to god ive never seen them illuminated, my mom says it lasted three years into her ownership... and i've never notived it? wtf..

any one gots pics?
        I can't really say I've ever noticed it either, but it's worth taking a look if they really can be made to light up. Would be kind of nice.

Mine.
        "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
        "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

LOL, Mine have allways worked!
          Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

yea mine work when i give the shift column a nice pounding! i guess mine was going bad! but they do light up!

Comment

of course they work thats my only reason to drive at night.

Comment

fuck see when i first got my dx they used to work but they stoped. i didn't remember this shit till now. i tryed to remember like 100 times if they worked or not... first thing i do tomorrow is go and buy that light bulb.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

oh shit, any one know what kinda bulb that is?

Comment

good question man...cus i have the same prob...but its alot of work to get the bulb out my friend say u have to take off the shifter and the console...im not up for the work..

as for the bulb...it should use a wedge bulb or the bulbs we have on the door panel
                    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                      good question man...cus i have the same prob...but its alot of work to get the bulb out my friend say u have to take off the shifter and the console...im not up for the work..

as for the bulb...it should use a wedge bulb or the bulbs we have on the door panel
                      the door panel has bulbs?

and taking the shifter console is nothing, i can do it in two seconds. i wouldnt mind seeing those gears light up!

Comment

I never knew those things lighted up. As soon as I saw that you guys said yes I ran out to my car and checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                          I never knew those things lighted up. As soon as I saw that you guys said yes I ran out to my car and checked.
                          does it?? PICS!

Comment

the door panel bulbs im talking about are the lights that light up on each door...they are the cylinder shape ones
                            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

o man, ok they are supposed to light up

if they dont, go buy a new bulb

the center console and shifter are cake to take out

and if u wanna know what kind of bulb it is, take it out, and bring it to an auto parts store.

this site doesnt do EVERYTHING for u. people are getting lazier by the minute. u acually have to do these things by urself sometimes. ever read cpmike's sig like a month ago??

Comment

Working...
                              X