Gettin' people's asses towed: Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin' people's asses towed: Part 2

3rd customer last night. 98-01 Black Accord Coupe. I'd left notes/warnings 3x under their since the 24th of last month. They parked in my spot two nights in a row, and now there's a nice scrape mark on the concrete where the flatbed scraped while removing the car.

The notes I've left look like this but with the current time/date on them:

Driver/owner of black Honda Accord coupe- TX ***-***,

As of 19AUG05, covered reserve parking spot #42 is a paid-for reserved parking spot.

This parking spot is paid in full, and is leased through 05OCT05.

*Violators may be towed without warning at vehicle owners expense.*

If you wish to have a covered reserved parking spot, please contact the ******** ******* leasing office at 469-***-****.
    I'll have pics ready tomorrow.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

you should make a hall of fame. Gotta get the pic of the car being towed and you off to the side of the pic with a big lol!
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

eh, i think id be more pleased if i smashed their windows but thats just me.

because what is the satisfaction of getting their car towed? i dont know but either way, it'd cost just as much.

car from pound=70+ daily fee in pound
      all windows smashed=100 per window so idk.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

70+ daily fee? where the hell is that.

i paid $220 to get my car out the day after it was towed. not to mention the scratched the shit outta my car.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Do you need to call the cops in your jurisdiction to get a car towed?

Or will a towing company just take some-body else's car off private property?
          If a towing company is trolling for tows, if they see a violation they may tow as long as they have the apartment complex's written permission to troll that complex and tow vehicles beforehand.

As far as the black Accord situation goes, all I have to do is call the courtesy officer, who is a local off duty police officer, and the offending vehicle is removed. They used to put the incredilby sticky warning stickers on the cars, but since it costs so little for the complex to have a vehicle removed, they now just remove them instead of tagging them. There's plenty of signs warning for the violators to read; if they ignore or disregard the signs posted in red letters on white background then they're in for a 20+ mile walk to the impound yard, not to mention the $120 towing fee plus $35/day storage.

I should make a hash mark on the spot for each vehicle towed at owner's expense.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
            If *they* see a violation?

Holy cats! Sounds like they could yank any car they wanted, including yours.

Is there any proof of infraction required, other than "Bob the Tow-Truck driver didn't think it was parked nicely"?
            Its not 'hey that car is parked too close to the line' and its towed. Its more along the lines of 'hey that non-handicapped car is parked in a handicapped spot' or 'hey they're parked in the fire lane' or 'they're not permitted to park in that spot' kinds of violations. Expired tags or inspection is also a violation that may get a vehicle towed. Abandoned vehicles, vehicles with flat tires, and wrecked vehicles may be removed without notice.

Its not indiscriminate towing.

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
              70+ daily fee? where the hell is that.

i paid $220 to get my car out the day after it was towed. not to mention the scratched the shit outta my car.
              well, i paid 210 for two days after my car was found when it was stolen and they towed it to the pound.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X