Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mods: I'm in need more PM storage

Hey mods,
    Is there anyway to have my allowable PM storage limit raised? I'm maxing out the 70 PM thing every couple of days and i even empty my PM box everyday. There are some PM's that i can't just delete because they contain a customer's setup or specifications. I've paid a decent donation to the site so i believe i'm eligible for this if it is possible. Thank you.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

on a side note, i tried PM'ing you about why i wasnt able to meet up w/ you all at adams labor day weekend but it was full at the time.

you are just too poplular!

Comment

I never made it up, i lost my datalogging cable to my wideband on my last tuning session in detriot lol. I'm trying to reorder one and should hopefully be around this weekend.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

bump, need some kind of insight.

Comment

I have the exact same problem..i have to empty it close to once a week

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i'm not seeing that its possible to raise this limit in my control panel. I only see the amount of text you can include within a PM, number of PMs posted per page in your inbox, etc. it might be set at 70 default for the sake of conserving space. i also can't find a way to only assign CERTAIN users with more PM space. i'm going to look more into it..

i guess try and make sure your e-mail address is posted up everywhere until then. maybe put it in your sig for users to contact you if they can't reach you through PM.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
              i'm not seeing that its possible to raise this limit in my control panel. I only see the amount of text you can include within a PM, number of PMs posted per page in your inbox, etc. it might be set at 70 default for the sake of conserving space. i also can't find a way to only assign CERTAIN users with more PM space. i'm going to look more into it..

i guess try and make sure your e-mail address is posted up everywhere until then. maybe put it in your sig for users to contact you if they can't reach you through PM.

hey, im kinda new to the site, but i deleted alll my PM stuff... but it still says i have 43 stored messages? how do i get rid of that?

Comment

its not gonna be an option for just a random member to upgrade.. as midnite said, its the admin/mods responsibilities to upgrade as needed.. on my local board, nonpaid members get 50 and paid get 500.. i realize no one has to pay YET, but just my example..

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22aakkord
                  hey, im kinda new to the site, but i deleted alll my PM stuff... but it still says i have 43 stored messages? how do i get rid of that?
                  you have multiple folders.. check your 'sent' folder.. you prolly still have all those..

Comment

i nkow this thread is HELLA old, but steve, you can mod the boards PHP file to add a part of the database that says specificly how many PM's a user can have. Then just set a flag for most people to have the "global" limit, and then an over-ride value. If you need some help with that, let me know and I'll see what free time i can free up
                    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Originally posted by TheTempest
                      i nkow this thread is HELLA old, but steve, you can mod the boards PHP file to add a part of the database that says specificly how many PM's a user can have. Then just set a flag for most people to have the "global" limit, and then an over-ride value. If you need some help with that, let me know and I'll see what free time i can free up
                      PM's may work better, I dunno if he checks OT everyday.
                      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

He gets notification when a subscribed thread is posted in... he'll see this

Comment

Working...
                        X