Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t3/t4's got nothing on this!

check this out: http://www.alphamaleperformance.com/pages/1/index.htm

they've got an awesome project car... you gotta see it.

cars pretty sweet

Comment

there is a guy near me who is going to have his car on the road in the spring...its been a year and a half coming....he has a highly modified B16 in his CRX. it has the turbo that is ment to replace the twin turbo setups on supras for dedicated drag cars on his CRX. i've seen it, its sick. the turbine itself is around 45-50 lbs (in weight, not PSI) its gonna be sick. craziest project i've ever heard of
      Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

Is that a cheese grater on the back of that thing?

What's the deal with that electrocharger thingamajig? Every time I hear of something like that, I automatically assume it's a Piece of Crap (POC)... Usually it's a boat blower (BB) or something. What's this thing about?

Comment

interesting idea to use power accessories like that to add power. But lets think of the technicals of that device. It acts as an alternator so it still charges the battery, but yet it turns the crankshaft faster. With that much power being add what happens if the belt pops...valves and pistons meet in a fight to the death. Moving on, if its turning the crank that much faster how is the valve train supposed to keep up with the crank!?!?!? You'd have to replace half of the belts and most of the valve train. And what about the air and fuel problem eh? That device wouldn't be giving the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber enough time to properly ignite at TDC without it being at TDC again. I don't think all the a/f mixture would be able to burn with that thing spinning the crank as fast as it says it can. I think that thing would cause the timing to slip and the a/f mixture wouldn't be adequately ignited. Cool idea but i don't trust it, and for $3500 i'm damn sure not gonna try it. Its got potential but i don't think it should be centered around the crank, i think they should pay more attention to the strain on the valvetrain also. Just my 2 cents tho don't mind me

And yes i do believe that is a cheese grater on the back of the civic LOL : lol:
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thats a fancy shopping cart handle they got there. fancy shopping cart too, come to think of it.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
              thats a fancy shopping cart handle they got there. fancy shopping cart too, come to think of it.
              I think they should've sold the idea to the electric powered cars instead. Air and fuel combusting should spin our cranks not accessories. But what do i know, eh? Its a wonderful idea don't get me wrong i just think it'd have alot better success on an electric powered honda not gas
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ok now thats just ghey. one that im actually interested in and will find out about more this summer is this
                www.boosthead.com
                since there out of miami,florida.. imma go to moroso and ride in their altima.. heeheh

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                  ok now thats just ghey. one that im actually interested in and will find out about more this summer is this
                  www.boosthead.com
                  since there out of miami,florida.. imma go to moroso and ride in their altima.. heeheh
                  Now for some reason I really believe that thing might be quality... and they mention partial sponsorships. I should look into that! Let me know if you really go check them out, wikked... I want to know if it's the real deal. They say the thing has an 18hp drive system, capable of pushing 20psi... 15 second bursts, rechargable in 2-3 minutes... adds 100hp to that big ol' altima of theirs.

Comment

Working...
                  X