carsponsorships.com scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicago
    wait there is about 20+++ in the club theres only 3 running it me being the main we have a website its www.autorevolution.tk its under counstruction right now hey every one has to start somewhere and when u c my cb7 im working on it. it will be painted nsx or s2000 which is same paint yellow and im trying to get some rota wheels 17's.

and yes 4 right now i want to try to do it on my own and not just that this is a small town and by u bringing up the mommy daddy shit i live with my grandmother and she will not even co sighn 4 me. and we have a performance shop here and tell are guys and girls not to go there because we can do just a good enough job as they can.

and yes i do know some stuff but i aint perfect. i have a cousin with a sohc non v-teck boosted crx.just to give u a little idea oh and i have a eagle talon tsi not awd 2nd gen. only thing wrong is the head and we will fix that im not a fan of mitsu but hell 4 $450 dollars u cant beat that and my girlfriend has a eclipse 2nd gen. but itotally understand what u mean.

LOL vteck mAdZzz tight y0

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by chicago
      wait there is about 20+++ in the club theres only 3 running it me being the main we have a website its www.autorevolution.tk its under counstruction right now hey every one has to start somewhere and when u c my cb7 im working on it. it will be painted nsx or s2000 yellow which is the same paint and im trying to get some rota wheels 17's.

and yes 4 right now i want to try to do it on my own because what i have seen from CSS and not just that this is a small town and by u bringing up the mommy daddy shit i live with my grandmother and she will not even co sign 4 me. and we have a performance shop here and i tell are guys and girls not to go there because we can do just a good enough job as they can.

and yes i do know some stuff but i aint perfect. i have a cousin with a sohc non v-teck [i whould give u the code but thats to much info] boosted crx. just to give u a little idea oh and i have an eagle talon tsi not awd 2nd gen. only thing wrong is the head and we will fix that im not a fan of mitsu but hell 4 $450 dollars u cant beat that and my girlfriend has an eclipse 2nd gen. but i totally understand what u mean. THANKS
      np, hey as long as u try to learn that all i care about. good luck with the club and car!!!!
      My members ride thread

Comment

DEFANATLEY!!!!!!!!![NOW IF I CAN JUST LEARN HOW 2 SPL. LOL! Thanks Man...........
        Last edited by chicago; 09-11-2005, 06:14 AM.
        www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
        www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
        1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
        2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
        3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
        4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
          hey guys i came across a site https://www.carsponsorships.com where you sign up and if you get a sponsorship they take $89 from your credit card, the minimum you get is $500 with a FULL sponsorship, however i think even if you get a what they call "QUASI-SPONSORSHIP" they still take $89 off AND you gotta pay for the part/shipping, has anyone signed up with this or what are your thoughts on this
          Wow... old thread! I just saw it though, so I'll reply.
          You ALWAYS get a full sponsorship, but the company you get sponsored by is always small. I got decalkits.com. Obviously, $500 worth of decals (selling price) isn't going to hurt them much. Also, like me, many people aren't going to bother claiming their decal kits!

BUT... it's not a scam. If you play the game by their rules (start with the small sponsorships to prove that you're worthy FIRST) you'll get something for your money. It's not a waste if you're willing to take the crap sponsorships they give you first in order to prove you're serious. You're not going to get a free set of wheels on the promise that you'll attend shows! You have to show them that you really WILL do what's necessary.

Comment

Why pay to get sponsored?

Wow... old thread! I just saw it though, so I'll reply.
            You ALWAYS get a full sponsorship, but the company you get sponsored by is always small. I got decalkits.com. Obviously, $500 worth of decals (selling price) isn't going to hurt them much. Also, like me, many people aren't going to bother claiming their decal kits!

BUT... it's not a scam. If you play the game by their rules (start with the small sponsorships to prove that you're worthy FIRST) you'll get something for your money. It's not a waste if you're willing to take the crap sponsorships they give you first in order to prove you're serious. You're not going to get a free set of wheels on the promise that you'll attend shows! You have to show them that you really WILL do what's necessary.

Why would you pay to get sponsored? That's an oximoron. A car sponsorship is when a company likes your ride and wants you to advertise for them in exchange for car parts/money. Why would you pay to get stuff that is supposed to be free? Anyone who signs up for such a thing is being taken for a ride for being stupid. Do Nascar drivers pay for endorsements/sponsorships? No. Neither should you. -g

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7
              Why would you pay to get sponsored? That's an oximoron. A car sponsorship is when a company likes your ride and wants you to advertise for them in exchange for car parts/money. Why would you pay to get stuff that is supposed to be free? Anyone who signs up for such a thing is being taken for a ride for being stupid. Do Nascar drivers pay for endorsements/sponsorships? No. Neither should you. -g
              very true i agree this time but not 2 years ago. i did that shit 2 years ago and i think its stupid as hell, and so is sport compact pro.

Comment

True, but sponsors aren't going to go after a nearly stock car. This allows people with somewhat boring cars to do something they otherwise couldn't do.

Put it this way. You pay $89 for carsponsorships.com to find you some sponsors. They do all the work. If you're serious about doing it, that's not a lot to pay for guaranteed sponsorships. Granted, they aren't the "good ones"... they're not going to give everyone free wheels just for signing up! BUT, if you join and play the game, you'll find that you're getting more and more.

It's true, paying for sponsorship doesn't make sense... but you're not going to apply to any company with an intake and a fart pipe and expect them to sponsor you! With carsponsorships.com, you don't even need that much.

Is it for everyone? No. If you're not serious and just want free wheels or a turbo kit, then no... it's a waste of your money. But if you're willing to rock decalkits.com or max it out video on your car for a show season, then you'll get some good stuff once you prove your worth!

chicago, what sponsorships did you get offered? What did you accept? How many shows did you go to? If you paid your money and did nothing about it, then that's your fault.

Comment

Carsponsorships.com is a Scam!!!!!!!!!

True, but sponsors aren't going to go after a nearly stock car. This allows people with somewhat boring cars to do something they otherwise couldn't do.

Put it this way. You pay $89 for carsponsorships.com to find you some sponsors. They do all the work. If you're serious about doing it, that's not a lot to pay for guaranteed sponsorships. Granted, they aren't the "good ones"... they're not going to give everyone free wheels just for signing up! BUT, if you join and play the game, you'll find that you're getting more and more.

It's true, paying for sponsorship doesn't make sense... but you're not going to apply to any company with an intake and a fart pipe and expect them to sponsor you! With carsponsorships.com, you don't even need that much.

Is it for everyone? No. If you're not serious and just want free wheels or a turbo kit, then no... it's a waste of your money. But if you're willing to rock decalkits.com or max it out video on your car for a show season, then you'll get some good stuff once you prove your worth!

chicago, what sponsorships did you get offered? What did you accept? How many shows did you go to? If you paid your money and did nothing about it, then that's your fault.
                  1. Be realistic. If you want to be sponsored, you need to approach a company with mad work already done to your ride.

2. Your car must have been seen in shows and in magazines.

3. If your car is built for speed, you need to have some track victories under your belt.

4. You need to be willing to plaster decals of the company sponsoring you all over your car, attend events, promote the company, ect. in exchange for FREE PARTS. That's how it works. You are a commercial on wheels for that company.

If you do not meet this criteria, you will not be sponsored. So save your $89 for an AEM intake or something. Carsponsorships.com is a being sponsored by you when you pay them $89! I am persuing sponsorships with various well-known companies at this time, and trust me, it won't cost me a fee. -g

For more info on how a sponsorship REALLY works, click here. Don't pay for sponsorships!
                  Last edited by R33cb7; 03-14-2006, 06:26 PM. Reason: Updated Information/car sposorship link

Comment

I got a sponsorship with Blaupunkt...

Either way though, if you don't think it's a good idea, that's fine. It's not for you.
                    It IS true that you have to have crazy work done to your car to get sponsored on your own. Programs like these get people started without the need for that. I mean, you could spend tens of thousands of dollars pimping your ride to get sponsored, or you could work your way up the sponsorship ladder with a program like that. Both are perfectly good ways to go about it. $89 is a cheap price to pay for instant sponsorship. If you're willing to play their game, it's worth it. If not, turn your car into a monster show or race car and apply the normal way. That would work as well.

I'm not saying you're wrong, R33cb7. You're absolutely right about the "proper" way to get sponsored. When you have a complete package to present to a company, you can often pick and choose who you want displayed on your car.

The programs such as carsponsorships.com allow you to start with nothing. The tuner scene is exploding, and companies understand the draw of having their products featured on a NORMAL tuner car. Not some carbon fiber widebody show car with a 600hp chromed out engine and 800lbs of audio equipment in the trunk. They understand that kids all over the country participate in smaller shows where the cars aren't quite so flashy. To get their name spread throughout those smaller scenes for the price of some free or discounted parts is GREAT advertising.

For example, with my Blaupunkt sponsorship: They want me to participate in 3-5 shows this season. They want me to send them a detailed diagram of my proposed audio setup before I get anything started.

It's not a "sign this and get free crap" kinda deal. You have to hold up your end. They understand that. They also know that 1 out of 20 people will actually take advantage... the rest will pay their $89 and say "this is stupid".

Those that are serious will make it work. Such programs are great ways to get your car sponsored without having to spend a fortune on making it sponsor-worthy first.

Comment

spon·sor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spnsr)
                      n.

- One who assumes responsibility for another person or a group during a period of instruction, apprenticeship, or probation.
                      - One who vouches for the suitability of a candidate for admission.
                      - A legislator who proposes and urges adoption of a bill.
                      - One who presents a candidate for baptism or confirmation; a godparent.
                      - One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming in return for advertising time.

tr.v. spon·sored, spon·sor·ing, spon·sors
                      To act as a sponsor for.

Nowhere in this definition does it say that the sponsoree does the paying. Save your money bro. Put YOUR OWN MONEY into your ride, and when you think you're ready, seek out sponsors. All you (and anyone else who falls for this scam) are doing is making these guys money in exchange for some cheap vinyl decals and "discounted parts". Anyway you look at this scam, you have to pay money. They promise you fast sponsorships, and what is it really, $89 vinyl decals? Come on. If you want decals, give me $89 and I'll give you rolls of the stuff. You're smarter than this. There is no such thing as an easy thing. You have to work hard for what you want.

Comment

i got offered decalkits.com full sponser just like everybody else , and house of boom half sponsership. i did not have a choice they just gave me them. I went to about 2 or 3 and the track every friday about 2 years ago and went to about 15 to 16 shows last year and of course track but did not race none

yes i agree if u pay your money and sit on your seeds lol nothing is going to happen and i also agree what u and r33cb7 are saying but to every body else just becareful and ready for it all and also u better have the www and a digital camera u are SCREWED c thats were i mest up.. later

Comment

You're not paying for the sponsorship, you're paying for the service of FINDING the sponsorships for you. They will also contact companies on your behalf if you're interested in a sponsorship (if I wanted to contact Skunk2 and ask to be sponsored, they could contact them for me and vouch for me. I would think my chances would be better). carsponsorships.com is NOT your sponsor. They are the go-between.

They aren't going to give everyone the good stuff off the bat, so you have to take the crap and work with it. It's not just an $89 decal set. You don't get handed 3 crappy sponsors and they forget about you... if you actually participate as expected, they keep in touch and work with you. Their support staff is very helpful.

Now, does anyone have anything new to add to the discussion, or are we going to continue to go around in circles?

Comment

I'm done, I think I've proved my point. Go ahead and get robbed. I'm done posting here. -g

Comment

You're not paying for the sponsorship, you're paying for the service of FINDING the sponsorships for you. They will also contact companies on your behalf if you're interested in a sponsorship (if I wanted to contact Skunk2 and ask to be sponsored, they could contact them for me and vouch for me. I would think my chances would be better). carsponsorships.com is NOT your sponsor. They are the go-between.

They aren't going to give everyone the good stuff off the bat, so you have to take the crap and work with it. It's not just an $89 decal set. You don't get handed 3 crappy sponsors and they forget about you... if you actually participate as expected, they keep in touch and work with you. Their support staff is very helpful.

Now, does anyone have anything new to add to the discussion, or are we going to continue to go around in circles?
                              i actually thats incorrect. The 89 bucks goes to not finding the sponsorships, but i'm sure decalkits.com gets a bit of the cash out of the 89. For example, these companies are recieving a small sum for giving away their product+they get free advertising. Its a good scheme.
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I'm sure the lower companies ARE getting something... hell, I have a strong suspicion that decalkits.com and carsponsorships.com are the same company! Regardless, I got 5 sponsorships when I joined:
                                decalkits.com
                                streetfx lighting
                                max it out video
                                blaupunkt audio
                                hot import nights (everyone gets that shot too, I believe)

The Blaupunkt sponsorship alone is worth something, IMO. Maybe not to all, but to me it's a good deal.

And honestly, I don't think I've "proved" anything... this is a matter of opinion. I'm defending my standpoint as an opinion, not arguing it as fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X