water + cell phones = no good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water + cell phones = no good

ahh my friend had a kegger last night and while we were all very intoxicated.. everyone got thrown in the pool.

my phone, wallet, and keys were all in my pocket when i got thrown in. my brand new phone is fucked but i have insurance on it so they're sending me a new one but it'll take a week and a half to get here.

my friend got thrown in too and he doesn't have insurance and he just bought the new razr phone.

i'm so damn lucky my door popper remote worked after it was wet.. my phone is royally screwd though.

this happened to my last phone 2.5 months ago...i just need to quit drinking or stop taking my phone in places with me!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

that happened to me except i threw mine on purpose to see if it would still work and it did i love samsung phones

Comment

My friend dropped his huge old Nextel in a toilet a few years ago...it dried up and kept working.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i was drunk thurs night at RWU, and broke my phone....got a replacement on sat...sucks breakin em'
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
          ahh my friend had a kegger last night and while we were all very intoxicated.. everyone got thrown in the pool.

my phone, wallet, and keys were all in my pocket when i got thrown in. my brand new phone is fucked but i have insurance on it so they're sending me a new one but it'll take a week and a half to get here.

my friend got thrown in too and he doesn't have insurance and he just bought the new razr phone.

i'm so damn lucky my door popper remote worked after it was wet.. my phone is royally screwd though.

this happened to my last phone 2.5 months ago...i just need to quit drinking or stop taking my phone in places with me!

That sucks. But try this one.

My buddy got tossed into a spa at a party and he had his keys in his pocket. So it shorted out his remote to this alarm. Then they fucked up his alarm and car bigtime by cutting wires here and there trying to make it driveable.

LOL
          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

i was wasted once wasted and fell in a small river. my phone was in my hand and i dropped it. but it still works. you have to dissasemble it right after it gets wet and turn it off. let it dry for a day or 2. it should work, mine does except for the fact i have to put it on speaker phone.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
              i was wasted once wasted and fell in a small river. my phone was in my hand and i dropped it. but it still works. you have to dissasemble it right after it gets wet and turn it off. let it dry for a day or 2. it should work, mine does except for the fact i have to put it on speaker phone.

Yup, if the phone gets wet, turn it off, open it up and let it dry. Dry it out with some compressed air if you wanna speed it up(not very high pressure) and it should be fine. My last phone got wet quite a few times, but never hurt it.

Thats why I like my cheap phones.

Comment

my friend got his phone soaked and he took a chance by having it cleaned for 35 bux and it helped...tell ur friend to try that
                So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

i dropped my phone in lake geneva and as soon as i got it out of the water it was vibrating and wouldnt stop so i jusst took out the battery and let it sit for like 2 days its been fine ever since

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

There was this poor bastard I knew in high school named Pol (Paul).. and he somehow managed to drop his cell phone in the urinal... we did NOT let that die... His nickname was Pissphone for the entire duration of high school..
                    1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
                      i remember that story.
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I went swimming drunk last month and was in the pool for around 2 hours. Then i realized my keys and phone were in my pocket. Low and behold a day later everything was perfect!! crazy shit. It was a Sanyo video phone.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                        Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                        Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

I flipped a boat over last summe while driving like a moron, fucked my phone all up, lost my car keys and wallet to the sea.

Comment

my old sanyo phoned worked fine after a day of drying out.. and this phone works but it killed the lithium in the battery.

they are sending me a new one from my work so i should be up and running again in a few days. it works, but it's shitty coz the screen is all discolored.
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

even if he doesnt have insurance there should be a manufacturers warrenty on the hardware for at least a year. replacement cost would be much cheaper than a new phone and he might even be able to get it for free if he was to say that it was due to the hurricane? if they deny him after that then they are complete dicks!

good luck with that..

Comment

Working...
                              X