Serious question i need answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
    I hardly make threads and i figured this would be a good place to ask.

Dont start no fucking flame war here please, this is a serious question and i need a serious answer.

And im not racest god damn it.

To anyone who has or hasnt watched Guess who, with bernie mac and ashton.

When they are sitting around the table and bernie and the grandpa are making funny white jokes, and then ashton makes a black comment or whatever. and berinie and the grandpa get their panties all in a bunch? wtf is up with that? is it something that i dont understand from not being born here? or is it still just god damn fucking hatred from back in the day?

and i see this happen all the time, not just in "the movies"

seriously.
    woah you take that shit to serious dude. its a comedy...com E DEE

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
      woah you take that shit to serious dude. its a comedy...com E DEE

no dude, i know its a damn COM 333dy, but i see it ALL THE TIME! like i said not just in movies, but in real life..... its not just a matter of it being in a movie its a real world problem its almost like some generations can dish it out and take but, but some can only dish it out and not take it..

my third digit is 7 and my white wifes is a 6.......
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

It's a case by case basis. My friends make chicken and watermelon jokes all the time...it's all good because there's a respect there. If Pat Buchannan made a chicken and watermelon joke the revolution would not be televised...but yeah people who can't deal with it usually don't know white people. It's really not that big of a deal though; why do you even care?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i dunno, trying to get to know people i dont know? i have never been exposed to all this slavery crap as much as everyone who was born here, and had stories told to me by my grandparents about how it use to be "back in the day."

ya know?
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
            Thats it right there, Deev perfectly answered it. Basically the duragatory names that white people called blacks were used maliciously on a large scale..and as Deev stated comments about white people are accepted because it was never used Maliciously.

And as for the '*****' term , its something that grew out of culture from what I can see , hell I have a best friend whos white and I call him my '*****'. So in some cases its acceptable..but as for some people its not deemed right.

Now if you were to holler out and say ******..that would be a different story.

And besides whats everyones nationality on this board? I'm just curious I'm 50 percent African American and 50 perfect Micronesian.

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all.

:edit:

And Accplise slavery never ended. It still exists in third world countries , people being sold on the black market..I read about it in a National Geographic magazine. Kids who are born poor are often sold by their own parents for money and I mean their parents are so desperate for money they would do anything necessary to make money even if it means their own child being sold.
            Very good point. I get called cracker, honkey, whitey, pastey,.......etc and honestly I think it's funny. I think its fair in the sense that for so long blacks had been degraded by this word by other cultures, where us whites have not. I was watching a whole segment on African American history and where this term ****** came from. Another thing that came up was that even blacks had used this word in the 1800 to seperate themselfs as a higher standard as the field workers. Ultimately it turned into "you were a black or a ******". And blacks who then took on the attitude as the "white man" would degrade their own race to be acceptade by whites by calling other african americans "niggers". Ultimately the black communtiy who stayed true to their culture and people then embraced this word in the later 20th century in a very positive manner to take away the power of the "N" word from other cultures. To many say that ***** is a weak and bad word. I would have to disagree. It is a word of power. The African American communtiy knows it because they can say all they want, but if anybody else says it, that's their ass. To take something that for so long degraded them to turn it into a way to unite themselfs is very powerful. This word puts other cultures on ice, makes people sweat, and has people worried. Depending on what part of town you are in and what the color of your skin is, you could very well lose your life. The white community knows that, that is why the same people who created the word ****** are now trying to get people to get rid of it. The only people I see on T.V. saying the "N" word is bad is white people. For whites to use this term is to take away its power for how the african american community has gained so much power from it.
            my ride

Comment

Working...
            X