Serious question i need answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnite racer x
    Double standards are everywhere, we're human therefore the world will always be imperfect, and just when its perfect...somebody is gonna fuck it up.
    Good point. Personally, I sometimes hang out with some friends who tell all kinds of racial jokes and I think that most are funny. Problem is comedy always offends someone. Thats the nature of comedy. I do not understandywhy its right to make fun of one person and not the other in some peoples eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      When you do your job applications you must put down your SSN. Race is optional....reason why is this. In you SSN the 5th number tells your race. If the 5th number is even you are not white. With that said, remember jobs where you felt you were qualified but you were turned down for no apparent reason.

i looked that up on google to check it out, and look what the fuck i found:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...y/aa041499.htm

Subject: FW: ms word

You will not believe this....TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!! I did this on my system and it's true! I don't believe it! You won't believe your eyes:

1. Go into MS Word
      2. Type: I'd like all Negroes to die
      3. Highlight the sentence
      4. Go into the Tools > Language > Thesaurus

I know you may not have MS Word but what happens is you get a message saying, "I'll drink to that."

Lesson learned: Don't be fooled into thinking racism isn't alive and well - it has just taken different form. I wonder if Bill Gates knows what his programmers have put into the system.

NOW, might be the time to let him know! Pass it on!!
      i tried it myself out of curiousity... and its true...

I was fucking disgusted...

Racism is STILL alive and well. This is total bullshit....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
        i looked that up on google to check it out, and look what the fuck i found:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...y/aa041499.htm

i tried it myself out of curiousity... and its true...

I was fucking disgusted...

Racism is STILL alive and well. This is total bullshit....
        Further down you see what i was talking about. I went for pharmacist job that needed help badly not to long ago in Uniondale, NY and I got turned down. Funny thing is that they are still in need of pharmacist. Go figure, I got the ideal reusme and I could not get hired.

Comment

Further down you see what i was talking about. I went for pharmacist job that needed help badly not to long ago in Uniondale, NY and I got turned down. Funny thing is that they are still in need of pharmacist. Go figure, I got the ideal reusme and I could not get hired.
          do they have a code for all races? or is it just the odd even thing?

like to hispanics have their own number?

-we're trying to decode SSNs like VINs... -

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

There is a fine line between what is funny and what isn't... unfortunately, different people (not just races, but different individuals) have different sensitivities. I was watching Chapelle's last standup performance today, and honestly, he was a little hard on white people. It didn't offend me, but it does seem that racial comments about white people really are more accepted than comments about black people.

The fact that segregation, and the recent "accptance" of the "inferiority" of 'minority' races is still such a presence in the fairly recent past makes those 'minorities' a little more sensitive. Comments about white people are often accepted because those traits being made fun of were never used maliciously on a large scale. The "****** with the nappy hair eating chicken" stereotype hurts because that image was actually used to refer to black people in a derogatory way. The "white man can't dance and acts overly anal-retentive" stereotype was never used in anything but a comedic fashion, therefore it's less of a sore subject.

Basically, thanks to the history of racial discrimination in this country (past as well as present, though thankfully it's not as bad overall now) the "minority" races reserve the right to get offended. White people are perfectly welcome to get offended, but the jokes aren't as charged with potential malice.

Chris Rock does it best... EVERY race has funny stereotypes. When you play on those stereotypes without going TOO far, they're funny. Black people like chicken, white people can't dance, asian people with accents pronounce Rs and Ls funny, indian people are smart but often unintelligible, mexican immigrants drive in vans and trucks packed with other mexican immigrants... It's certainly not ALL true, but stereotypes exist because such instances have been noted more frequently with those groups than with others. It doesn't make those people inferior at all...

Do you have any support for that SSN claim? I'd like to see that!
            Last edited by deevergote; 09-02-2005, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
              do they have a code for all races? or is it just the odd even thing?

like to hispanics have their own number?

-we're trying to decode SSNs like VINs... -
              From what I understand its as long as you are not white, your 5th number is even.

Comment

From what I understand its as long as you are not white, your 5th number is even.
                just checked, my SSN's fifth is zero and my friends is ODD (shes white)

Comment

My fith number is 4.

I'm Irish, Scottish, English, Lithuanian, and French Canadian (which I guess makes me French)

There I am in that post...
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...2&postcount=67

Comment

Sorry Deev, you do not count as a pure white in the government's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      mexican immigrants drive in vans and trucks packed with other mexican immigrants...

you forgot to add we put 13" gold dayton wire wheels on our aerostarts and Astros

Comment

good info, keep it coming
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

my 5th number is odd and most know i'm black...might because i was born in italy tho
                          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            my 5th number is odd and most know i'm black...might because i was born in italy tho
                            even if you were bron in italy... it should be odd...

i wonder if its based on your family tree or something...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Comments about white people are often accepted because those traits being made fun of were never used maliciously on a large scale.
                              Thats it right there, Deev perfectly answered it. Basically the duragatory names that white people called blacks were used maliciously on a large scale..and as Deev stated comments about white people are accepted because it was never used Maliciously.

And as for the '*****' term , its something that grew out of culture from what I can see , hell I have a best friend whos white and I call him my '*****'. So in some cases its acceptable..but as for some people its not deemed right.

Now if you were to holler out and say ******..that would be a different story.

And besides whats everyones nationality on this board? I'm just curious I'm 50 percent African American and 50 perfect Micronesian.

Tiger Tiger Woods y'all.

:edit:

And Accplise slavery never ended. It still exists in third world countries , people being sold on the black market..I read about it in a National Geographic magazine. Kids who are born poor are often sold by their own parents for money and I mean their parents are so desperate for money they would do anything necessary to make money even if it means their own child being sold.
                              Last edited by HenRoc; 09-02-2005, 09:25 PM.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

my 5th number is 6 . . . im completley and totally white . . . interesting
                                -Mark-
                                CB7
                                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X