Serious question i need answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious question i need answered

I hardly make threads and i figured this would be a good place to ask.

Dont start no fucking flame war here please, this is a serious question and i need a serious answer.

And im not racest god damn it.

To anyone who has or hasnt watched Guess who, with bernie mac and ashton.

When they are sitting around the table and bernie and the grandpa are making funny white jokes, and then ashton makes a black comment or whatever. and berinie and the grandpa get their panties all in a bunch? wtf is up with that? is it something that i dont understand from not being born here? or is it still just god damn fucking hatred from back in the day?

and i see this happen all the time, not just in "the movies"

seriously.
    Last edited by phatdoughnut; 09-01-2005, 08:55 PM.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

im sorta confused what do you want to be answered

Comment

Why this happens.....

Comment

^ me too
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

someone enlighten me or us! seriously.

Comment

to a certain extent..... YOU ARE WHO YOU WERE RAISED TO BE. meaning that slavery didn't officially end until like 30-40 years ago. That's really not too long ago if you think about it! And people from that time passed the bad stories of white people on to thier kids, and those kids passed it on to their kids and those kids passed it on the their kids and so.... so give it another 100 years or so and things will even out like they should

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
              meaning that slavery didn't officially end until like 30-40 years ago.
              I'm sorry...what? You wanna explain that a little more?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                I'm sorry...what? You wanna explain that a little more?
                yeah, last time i checked, abraham lincoln put a stop to that... i think you were trying to say "racism"?? which STILL isnt over today....

slav·er·y Audio pronunciation of "slavery" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slv-r, slvr)
                n. pl. slav·er·ies

1. The state of one bound in servitude as the property of a slaveholder or household.
                1. The practice of owning slaves.
                2. A mode of production in which slaves constitute the principal work force.

uhm... i dont think you could have bought some one as earily as thirty, fourty years ago...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

So it all still has to do with slavery?

Comment

Maybe I shoulda explained myself a little better...but basically, YES the issues we are dealing with today has to do with slavery in US history. Imagine that your great-grandparents were OWNED by someone else. Forget race and everything....just the fact that they we're owned and had very little (if any) rights/property. Then all of a sudden one day things are supposed to change and the owner and slave are now equal and supposed to be treated equally? The owner still has a family and a house and property and money while the former slave has jack shit and their family killed and is now supposed to be treated equally? Oh hell, no! It's gonna take hundereds if not thousands of years for things to truely become equal. If your great grandparents were slaves and passed stories about it to your grandparents who passed those stories on to your parents and then on to you, it's almost like getting a first-hand view of it. You'd be pissed off and not take jokes about your race nicely either. Would you consider all races to be truely equal to this current day? HELL NO! And if you think all races are TRUELY equal, than you are a blind bitch! Sometimes your race can work for you or it can work against you and if all races were truely equal than race would not be a factor at all. Unfortunately, for most black people it works against them (for reasons out of their control) and that is not a laughing matter. Would you think it was a joke if you had to deal with that everyday?

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

lincoln didnt end slavery at all..get a history book..learn what the emancipation proclamation really was and did

slavery still happens in the sudan btw

why does this happen? because blacks are a sensitive race.theres your answer...we still arent fully accepted in this country...theres alot of racism that goes on..its hidden and soemtiems exposed...i wish poeple wouldnt be ignorant and act like everyone treats blacks as equals..they dont...why do blacks get offended when white poeple make jokes like that? cuz we automatically thuink its racism...u seea white guy walkin round..wuddup my ******...or....sayin a joke that correlates my family tree with me being hung..even if hes joking im going to take offense..and that past 400 years will go through my mind..all the pain and suffering ancestors went through..but im not jusitfying racial jokes on whites either...some blacks think its ok to make white jokes..and that whites cant make black jokes for the simple fact that...they beleive that whites didnt go through what blacks did and etc.......BUTi hate the black people who blame whites for their downfall or failure on everythin...i cant get a job...ooo but this white man did..RACIST..maybe if u didnt go in the store actin like your 50 cent w/ a du rag on and sze 56 jeans acting ignorant you wouldve got the job..i get that at my job all the time..kids walk in with their crew...acting like theyve never had an education yet want a job...fuck outta here..or they blame white peopel for sayign *****,.yet every rapper says it in their songs..***

Comment

I feel that we have a come a long way since the days of segregation and slavery, but we are not quite here yet. Segretation ended only a couple of generations ago, and its a subject people are very sensitive about. You may not know this, but its still alive today especially when you are looking for a job. If you dont think so, think about this. When you do your job applications you must put down your SSN. Race is optional....reason why is this. In you SSN the 5th number tells your race. If the 5th number is even you are not white. With that said, remember jobs where you felt you were qualified but you were turned down for no apparent reason.

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point... The question was about racial jokes, not slavery. Ethnic people (asian, afro-american, latino...) can make white jokes all day long without being considered racist, but as soon as a white person makes an ethnic joke everyone gets up in arms about it and that person is called racist (among other things). That is not being treated equally. It's as if white people have an entirely different standard to live up to (yes, I'm white). As far as I'm concerned, "Affirmative Action" is not the way to resolve the "treated differently" issue as it just creates racism (but reversed, if you will). When a white person is in any type of competition (business/job wise) with someone of another ethnic group, the white person now has a higher standard to maintain to get the promotion/job. In my opinion, "Affirmative Action" in itself is racist (but it's ok because it's in the ethnic person's favor?!?). If people want to be treated "equally", this is not the way to do it. Equality in all things, not just when it suits you. Sorry for the rant...

And no, I am NOT racist. I'm "qualificationist". Let the better man win, whether black, white, orange, yellow, green, purple, or stripey-polkadotted. Let's take race out of the game all together. After all, we all bleed the same color.

"I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally"
                          Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                          Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I'll answer the question phat...as i disagree with alot of whats in here. My family (aunts, uncles, grandparents) make fun of white ppl all the time. I never considered it right and got rather offended myself. So saying everything is cool if white ppl are being made fun of isn't necessarily the truth as i took offense to their comments. Its racist either way. The reason its more of a scence if a white person tells a black joke is that we were enslaved by them and to be honest white ppl still have the upper hand. White ppl making black jokes has more of an impact because of the oppression days.

That movie scene you were talking about was both Ashton and Bernie bringing light to the situation. Basically pointing out the double standard in today's time. Jeff Foxworthy makes redneck jokes, Chris Rock makes ***** jokes and white ppl jokes, southpark makes fun of EVERYBODY...and now i can't remember where i was going with this but u get the point! lol. Double standards are everywhere, we're human therefore the world will always be imperfect, and just when its perfect...somebody is gonna fuck it up.
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                              lincoln didnt end slavery at all..get a history book..learn what the emancipation proclamation really was and did
                              he helped with the situation of slavery

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X