Hurricane Looting, WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Looting, WTF!

I just saw video on the news of all the people looting stores. Hundreds of people breaking into stores, filling up carts, and leaving. What kind of people could do this at such a time?

If I were a police officer, I could bet you that I wouldnt shoot to kill... yet, but I would definately shoot um in the knee. I cant beleive the video that people have though. Hate to say it, but quite a few people that made it through the hurricane, shouldnt have.

Discuss.

edit.. I think it would also be pretty nice for one of the buildings to collapse when said people were looting.

I too saw that video earlier. My dad and I talked about it for awhile. It's so wrong with what there doing! Pisses me off

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7accord
      I too saw that video earlier. My dad and I talked about it for awhile. It's so wrong with what there doing! Pisses me off
      Yup, thats what makes me hate this country, the majority of the people are living piles of shit. But I am sure they will get what is coming to them. Hopefully they actually persecute them to the fullest extent of the law after they get done helping other people.

But in any other country where they would just freakin unload a round on them... guess what people would stop doing it. People learn by example, and in the US, nobody gets disciplined for what they do, so they keep doing it.

Comment

i saw it too, im discusted!
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
          People learn by example, and in the US, nobody gets disciplined for what they do, so they keep doing it.
          I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

(I've got this going at 2 forums.. and I liked my response to saying, you shoot them, they sue, since its just looting.)

I know.. but this is just a joke. This is also why people act like this in this country. Very few people actually get what punishment they should. The rest just get a slap on the wrist, which they ignore, and commit the crime again.

People need to get over "human rights" and think about an eye for an eye. You could at least get a nice swing with the baton at his hand, see how much he can carry after that.

Just think about it. When a child grows up and learns that if he whines, he gets away with it... he turns out to be a damn prick that always wants his way. He learned from example.

Today's society also learns like that. People go around and rob a bank at gunpoint, or shoot someone, and they get released in 2 years on bail. What does that tell the rest of them... 2 years, im willing to risk that. But hey, thats why this country is quickly going down the drain, nothing we can do to stop it, so why try and slow it down?

Comment

hey when people are hungry and dont have a lot of money they are gonna do shit like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
                hey when people are hungry and dont have a lot of money they are gonna do shit like that.
                You havent seen the vidoes have you? Unless they are eating carts full of clothing, shoes, electronics, jewelry...

I mean, if there was no food for a few days, and someone broke in for a sandwhich, big deal, but for material goods, there is no excuse.

Comment

what do you expect marshal law was declared witch means no cop and there are no law for them to break not like the stuff won't be covered anyway, dont get me wrong im not condoneing it at all it is very wrong
                  fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

I saw let em loot as long as the shit is within the area why let the goods go to waste as long as they arent doing it for the hell of it if only the owner was around with a shotgun preferably the taliban he can blast everyone and get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      I saw let em loot as long as the shit is within the area why let the goods go to waste as long as they arent doing it for the hell of it if only the owner was around with a shotgun preferably the taliban he can blast everyone and get away with it

The stuff wont go to waste... frozen food and refidgerated food, yeah, but clothing wont. And if it was in an unsellable condition, it would all be donated to an agency that would make sure it got to deserving hands.

Comment

i saw that video too. people throwing shit at the windows to break in, thats just wrong. now the owners of these places are going to come back and see the damage that the storm AND the people made.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                          i saw that video too. people throwing shit at the windows to break in, thats just wrong. now the owners of these places are going to come back and see the damage that the storm AND the people made.

Yeah, the storm didnt do much damage to the stores themselves, imagine that. It escapes damage from the Category 4 hurricane, its 20 foot water surge, but is trashed by the greedy locals.

And yeah, insurance will cover it... but this is why insurance is so high in the first place. I would be interested to see what kind of numbers come from the damage to commercial buildings due to the storm, and what was done by looters.

Comment

Man you gotta feel for the New Orleanian peeps. They dont even have drinking water , electricity , or anything for the matter.

I saw on NBC nightly news people are actually camping out on one of the major highway overpasses...New Orleans' Burbon Street is underwater actually 80 percent of the city is sumbmerged.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                              Man you gotta feel for the New Orleanian peeps. They dont even have drinking water , electricity , or anything for the matter.

I saw on NBC nightly news people are actually camping out on one of the major highway overpasses...New Orleans' Burbon Street is underwater actually 80 percent of the city is sumbmerged.
                              Yeah, had they broken into a grocery store to feed themselves.. i wouldnt have made a comment. You have to eat. But this is just BS. You also have to think that there were shelters. If the stupid people wouldnt have ignored the warnings to get the F* out... they wouldnt be there.

I know there are lower incomes which didnt let people leave, but still, thats what shelters are for.

Its an emergency, not a resort, sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Comment

Working...
                              X