Went to Boston, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to Boston, and...

...now I see why people say NYC's the best city in the world. I went up to see my gf and help her move into her new apt. at BU, and I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of 'cityness'. At her old place, no joke, everything was within a 10 block radius, and I literally mean EVERYTHING. Grocery store, sleazy bars we frequent, school, the projects(for character), The Gap, Kmart (<---- critical)...everything was between 14th St/Houston and Broadway/Ave A.

Anyways she lives right by Fenway Park, so things get crazy around game time...I think the Red Sox are playing a series. Anyways, so yeah...I guess we were spoiled, as there's no Kmart, so everything is crazy expensive and hard to find; there were a lot of knick-knacky stores (The Cheese Shop on 3rd Ave, super cheap quality rare cheese) that she misses...but whatever. I think she'll adjust and it'll all be fine. I just know I couldn't live there for an extended period of time.

On an unrelated note, the cars were SICK...lots of Bimmers, CB7's and CD7's...next time I go up I'll drive up w/my camera in hand.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    ...now I see why people say NYC's the best city in the world. I went up to see my gf and help her move into her new apt. at BU, and I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of 'cityness'. At her old place, no joke, everything was within a 10 block radius, and I literally mean EVERYTHING. Grocery store, sleazy bars we frequent, school, the projects(for character), The Gap, Kmart (<---- critical)...everything was between 14th St/Houston and Broadway/Ave A.

Anyways she lives right by Fenway Park, so things get crazy around game time...I think the Red Sox are playing a series. Anyways, so yeah...I guess we were spoiled, as there's no Kmart, so everything is crazy expensive and hard to find; there were a lot of knick-knacky stores (The Cheese Shop on 3rd Ave, super cheap quality rare cheese) that she misses...but whatever. I think she'll adjust and it'll all be fine. I just know I couldn't live there for an extended period of time.

On an unrelated note, the cars were SICK...lots of Bimmers, CB7's and CD7's...next time I go up I'll drive up w/my camera in hand.
    i love boston...being only 25 mins away i go there often.....around game time it is very hectic.....and yes there on a 14 game homestand so theres gonna be a lot of people in boston for a couple weaks.....but i hope your g/f can make herself at home quick...im sure boston will treat her well its a great place with lots of history and best of all the best sports teams.

Comment

LOTS AND LOTS O TAX.

Yo Glory thats what Im sayin you need to move up to NH..youd still be close by to Boston but tax free.

I used to live in Cambridge when I was 4 I could see fenway park from the apartment complex me and my mom lived in at the time.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i really want to go to boston sometime.

I :heart: NYC

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
        www.maketradefair.com

Comment

people in Boston talk funny............ how do you say car? CAW? Thats my caw pawked by fenway park buddy.

my cousin lives there now and she has a bad accent......

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
            people in Boston talk funny............ how do you say car? CAW? Thats my caw pawked by fenway park buddy.

its CAH and PAHKED. get it right

"I pahked my wickit asome cah at fenway pahk"

boston is a GREAT college city. if you go down toward the prudential center more, thats where a lot of the boston stuff is

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i like boston.. all the car here are sicks.. they all creative.... we got everything from oldskool, dirty souf style.. lowriders... all that good shit...
              http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic

Im the only one that talks right. its CAR and BAR I say my fucking R's and people from here think im from the south. or have a southrn accent !

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Im the only one that talks right. its CAR and BAR I say my fucking R's and people from here think im from the south. or have a southrn accent !
                  Don't worry dude, I don't either.

I miss living in the city though. When you're from the burbs, the city's a lot different. At least you were in the good part of the city (near Fenway) I could see the scoreboard from my dorm room last semester

Comment

iv been told my accent is pretty bad. but its nothing compaired to my girlfriends. and bill (aka 92accordcoupe93 and 91accord4door) has the thickest boston accent iv heard in a while.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      iv been told my accent is pretty bad. but its nothing compaired to my girlfriends. and bill (aka 92accordcoupe93 and 91accord4door) has the thickest boston accent iv heard in a while.
                      is that a bad thing

Comment

*hopes and prays gf doesn't trade her lispy Russian accent FAH A BAHSTAN WAN...*

I must say though, in my 3 or so days there I didn't really hear any crazy accents.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X