school help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school help

ok guys i'm going into my last year of high school.. senior year.. i'm looking to be a nice certified and well trained automotive mechanic... Well i was looking for a TRADE school where i;m in the shop all day learning.. and some classes taking notes.. i don't like college.. because the prices are outrageous i already check some estimates out.. MAIN reason why my sister is attending community college.. plus i didn;t want to deal with the fact of taking extra circculumn like math, science, triogemoetry(sp) and non of this crazy shit..

i just want to be in a class or 2 learning and on some days we go into the shop and fix and rebuild shit... i don't want like 20 people working on the engine.. i was to be trying to fix and diagnose a problem myself or atleast one other person.. like a 2 partner assignment.. Like the teacher go and say u 2 pair up and find out why this car won't start.. blah blah...

i want to also learn how the engine works.. how to rebuild... do timing belts.. oil change.. do a clutch job.. trouble shoot tranny.. overall do what regular mechanics do.. because one day i plan on opening a shop myself called "Nate'z Kuztomz

ANYONE DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT TRADE SCHOOL IS BEST.. i tried wyotech but it looks wack and shit.. i want something atleast a 2 year trade school or sumthing.. help me out guys
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

we have a import car tech class over here in lubbock

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
      we have a import car tech class over here in lubbock
      Lucky dog! We had a "imports suck" drive a mustang teacher for auto tech
      However the guy at my community college is SUPER nice and he is only about 30. So he really is knowlegeable about imports and also muscle cars. He's one of the nicest people I've met out there.
      And I have never even been in his class!
      - Zipcreature
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

uti has the best program in the us and has alot of choices to pick from job placement housing and of course the sickest shop you will ever see, even have a import tuner course to make crazy ass builds like turboed h22 with nos, in house dynos that right i said dynos like four of them even let you work on your own cars
        http://www.uticorp.com/default.aspx?tabid=28&bhcp=1
        fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

damn theses weren't the responses i was looking for..

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
            ok guys i'm going into my last year of high school.. senior year.. i'm looking to be a nice certified and well trained automotive mechanic... Well i was looking for a TRADE school where i;m in the shop all day learning.. and some classes taking notes.. i don't like college.. because the prices are outrageous i already check some estimates out.. MAIN reason why my sister is attending community college.. plus i didn;t want to deal with the fact of taking extra circculumn like math, science, triogemoetry(sp) and non of this crazy shit..

i just want to be in a class or 2 learning and on some days we go into the shop and fix and rebuild shit... i don't want like 20 people working on the engine.. i was to be trying to fix and diagnose a problem myself or atleast one other person.. like a 2 partner assignment.. Like the teacher go and say u 2 pair up and find out why this car won't start.. blah blah...

i want to also learn how the engine works.. how to rebuild... do timing belts.. oil change.. do a clutch job.. trouble shoot tranny.. overall do what regular mechanics do.. because one day i plan on opening a shop myself called "Nate'z Kuztomz

ANYONE DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT TRADE SCHOOL IS BEST.. i tried wyotech but it looks wack and shit.. i want something atleast a 2 year trade school or sumthing.. help me out guys
            my personal opinion is that from reading the way you type, you should concentrate on your english class in your senior year of high school. you're going to find it hard to drum up business for a shop that has it's name spelled incorrectly. add to that, you may need some math to help you with your finances of your future business.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Exactly what el said.

I hate to dog on you man but shit learn to type and speak English correctly. As far as tech schools , theres New England Tech in Warwick , RI which for you would be an hour drive but close enough to home.

They have really good classes there from what I could gather. Theres Baron Tech in CT but they promise you shit and it turns out to be untrue.

If you lived say in Bridgewater you couldve gone to BP and taken 4 years of AutoTech. I went to Taunton High and took 4 years of it , worked on small engines (weed whacker motors) to bigger engines (my old car).

The only way you can get ASE certified is if you take the test..as for that one I cant help with it.

Ask you automotive instructor.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

LoL im typing in slang.. no point in typing all nice and neat. . its only an online forum.. LOL you guys are funny

anyways.. you said BP is a 4 YEAR Trade SCHOOL?

what about mrhonda or any honda technician on this board..

Comment

i used to say that..its only online...andi still type lazy online...but in school instead of you..id type u...and other types of slang i used online..trust me..afterawhile ti ebcomes sort of a habit..but..dont shrug off math class..english calss..etc..you WILL need those in the automotve buisness..ESPECIALLY opening your own shop..when it comes to education..dont take a shortcut...like..dont skimp onthings man...no one wants to go a mechanic..who doesnt kno math..math is a BIG thing when u have your own shop..jus cuz you kno cars doesnt mean you kno hwo to run a successful buisness

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
                    LoL im typing in slang.. no point in typing all nice and neat. . its only an online forum.. LOL you guys are funny

anyways.. you said BP is a 4 YEAR Trade SCHOOL?

what about mrhonda or any honda technician on this board..
                    practice makes perfect man. if you want to get ahead and do something, try doing it the right way. if you don't care, and it doesn't matter to you, then do you.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                      practice makes perfect man. if you want to get ahead and do something, try doing it the right way. if you don't care, and it doesn't matter to you, then do you.
                      Exactly.

Id seriously learn some proper typing skills if I were you though Soon2be , BP is a 4 year Vocational highschool.

If you dont care like Elliot says..then in other words why should we? We're trying to help you..it can go a long way if you take our advice.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

OK can someone post all the Technical schools in the tri state area that does automotive?

I'm looking for about a 1-2 year school.

Hows my english now?

Comment

well i just got out of Nashville Auto-Diesel College. To tell you the truth and you may not like it but you're going to be in the classroom more than the shop. There is no way around it. Math is a key thing to learn and will help you out alot, electricity has a lot of math in it and electricity is where all the top schools are trying to educate all the students. NADC is a good school, i learned alot from the instructors and that is where most of my education came from. I talked to the instructors on my own time and about my own problems and learned alot from them. The best thing i can tell you is to get online and start looking for technical schools. And they aren't going to be cheap!! The type of school that you want to go to just does not exsist. Classroom is important. You have to know what you are getting into before you start to diagnose and fix it. That is why you see service manuals for everycar. I have a good knowledge of cars and how they work but i am still not as knowlegable (sp?) as some of the techs. that are on this forum. But the best thing you can do is to do some research and go look at some of the schools and ASK QUESTIONS!!!! Hope this helps you out. Later

P.S. Your spelling is getting better. Keep practicing

Originally posted by Dr.x
                          You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

i did say i want to be in the classrooom taking notes.. but i didn;t want to take Physical ED, Biology.. and all of that BS...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                              uti has the best program in the us and has alot of choices to pick from job placement housing and of course the sickest shop you will ever see, even have a import tuner course to make crazy ass builds like turboed h22 with nos, in house dynos that right i said dynos like four of them even let you work on your own cars
                              http://www.uticorp.com/default.aspx?tabid=28&bhcp=1
                              like i said, its two year program
                              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Working...
                              X