Question about selling my car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about selling my car..

Ok, I have my car up for sale on MANY websites and a company in Canada sent me an e-mail saying this:

Good day,
    I am Les freeman, director of AIC Autos 1070 Glenbrook Avenue
    Oakville, Ontario L6H 4A3 Canada.We purchase,Pick-up,Deliver Automobiles for our clients when contracted. Our client has indicated interest in
    your automobile that was advertised on the net.
    Please we would want to know if it's still availiable?
    And if it's still,Send me:
    (i)The final/bottom price of the automobile.
    (ii)The miles/kilometre on the scale.
    (iii)The recent picture of the automobile.
    (iv)Why you are selling the automobile?
    The above questions are part of our company policy
    when purchasing automobile,So don't find it
    embarrasing to answer.
    Hope to read from you soon.
    Have a splendid day !
    So I replied to him with the answers about the car, pictures of it, expaining that everything shaved was welded and such.. and I got this as a reply.

Hello ,
    Thank you for your response, after discussing with our client who really commended your vehicle, he has instructed me to move on with the deal at the price of $8,200, he said he will be going on a vacation soon and will rest virtually all the transaction on my shoulder and assign a shipper like wise that i will work with and stressed that he will be issuing out a cashier check of ($16,000) which was a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him but will be filed in your name, you are only required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ($8,200) and send the difference ($7,800) when payment gets to you to a shipping agent whose information will be given to you as at when due, he will be needing the fund to offset shipping charges, taxes and other cosmetic repairs/touches, the agent will be responsible for signing and transfering of title paper and also pick-up.
    So i require of you to send me your NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
    for payment to be delivered to you through courier services .All other information needed in completion of this transaction will be given to you in due time.Please get me the recent pictures as soon as possible.

Les
    Does this sound legit and if it is, is there a way to CONFIRM that I will keep the money and not be dicked over? I'm guessing have them do a Western Union and keep the money for a few days to make sure it clears or something else like that.

If not, I'll wait for the next buyer!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

i dunno bro... sounds kinda iffy to me....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

scam...sounds like some nigerian shit
      Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

Originally posted by badmanferg
        sounds like some nigerian shit
        yup, thats oakville..
        1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Adam ...

Ask for *his* 1-800# .. and see how long it takes for *him* to reply ... nuff said ..

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

id be weary.. but WTF cant they just give you a check for the amount due.. rather than make you take out the check then send them the difference?!.. seems like poor business practice as well as a shady deal

Comment

It's a Scam! I had a member on another site go through this same shit, He even had a check that he took to his bank...... and they had to hold it to see if the money would transfer over and it didn't!........ so don't do it, you'll send your car away and be fucked in the end.
              Originally posted by rickyduckworth
              i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Why don't you just cash the check...give me the car, and send back the 7,800. At least I'll appreciate the car more

That's a scam Adam...the out of country scam to a T. I beg you not to go through with it.

Comment

This is a scam. I am an Independent Dealer and there is no way this is legit. It's common scam with other items but this is the first one I've seen for a car. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS GUY and report it to either your local authorities or to the autotrader website.

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Don't EVEN think about it....sell it on your own. You don't need THIRD party shit. Good Luck man.

Comment

dont do it.

if you do ill shoot you seriously dont
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

SCAM!!

No doubt about it in my mind. Tell them to come to you and pay in cash or no deal. See what they say to that...
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

sounds CANADIAN to me
                          lol
                          iunno man worst comes to worst, im down to drive the 4 hrs to bat him up
                          cccheaaaa
                          Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                          240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

Do like that "apple laptop" guy did. When he sends the money, send him like a matchbox car, and have detectives monitor the mailing address, so they can arrest him. That would be awesome.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

this is the nigerian scam
                              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                              X