car shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shipping

any one ever had a car shipped from one place to another by a shipping company? i found a wagon in fla, you guys know the one. i don't have time to get it, but i need another wagon. any thaughts or recomendations?

Id say fly down there and drive back..or search the area around you or in FLA.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Shipping will charge you out the ass just drive it back after you make sure that it can make it, which im sure it will just make sure you bring some tools wrenches and a jack with you a spare tire some oil and coolant and you should be straight and a tripple a card with you just incase. Wsomeone following you up there its good to always have a spare ride to get around in yaknow

Comment

I asked this question once myself .. and really ended up doing 2 things ..

I searched *google* and came up with alotta really great advice via email ..yes !
        They actually returned well formatted and quite informative information that was very
        precise, and user friendly .. I also took a look at *random* ebay sales of cars ..
        any cars .. most will have shipping info .. and contacted them as well .. but be prepared ..
        You gotta really *want* what you're shipping .. and in this case .. I cant argue ...
        I mean afterall .. we're talking about a nice car here .. I'm in Florida, and if I can help
        or be of any assistance .. drop me an email .. or PM me .. I charge only .. a small fee ..

Honest ..
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i've talked to several shipping companies, they seem to be legit ans experianced. it would be about $700 to ship it, which in the long run would be ceaper than driving to get it. the 2 day trip would turn into 5 and cost me somthing like $2g's. man i want that car,sucks 2 b me. family and work owns me. idk, i guess i'll hoard about anothe 1.5-2g's more and go from their. i'm not in any hurry, i own 2 more good cars.

thanks for the input. and the offer paka,

Comment

I had my 93 EX shipped from Knoxville TN to Epping NH in October of 2004. The price was $725. I'm VERY glad I didn't go down there to pick it up b/c someone put 90 weight gear oil in the trans (5 spd) and when I drove it in Epping for the first time, almost every gear grinded (up and down shifting!) The guy told me it shifted fine It's all good now though!

Good luck w/ your decision though, most of the companies are very professional. For some, it's a good idea, esp. if the car is a very important one!

Dan

Comment

hey man i got a rx7 shipped from las vegas to florida once,wat i did i hussled with these peopel.i told them that the other company was charging me less and they would work something out with me.

Comment

Originally posted by JARHEAD293
                hey man i got a rx7 shipped from las vegas to florida once,wat i did i hussled with these peopel.i told them that the other company was charging me less and they would work something out with me.
                Hahahaha !!! Philipe .. you're such a *wheeler* and *dealer* man .. You ever pay retail..
                for anything?

I know, I know .. dont answer that .. lol !! Good going tho .. and when we gettin together
                for that J/Y party? I still gotta find a *lip* ......

Aloha Ka Kou !!!
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

We've shipped cars to other states and overseas. It's not too bad for higher dollar cars, but consider the fact that you'd be paying like $700+ for a $1500-2500 car. It is gonna be the safest route and will provide insurance as well so I suggest doing this. If you get a plane ticket and drive the car back, or pay one of your friends/family members to do it for you, I figure either way it's gonna cost you like $400+ to get the car so why not do it the safest way.

It cost us about $800 to ship a 67 Mustang convertibile over to Germany. It's gonna cost you about that much to ship this Accord from state to state. Go figure

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

DAS

nuff said

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                      but consider the fact that you'd be paying like $700+ for a $1500-2500 car.

It cost us about $800 to ship a 67 Mustang convertibile over to Germany. It's gonna cost you about that much to ship this Accord from state to state. Go figure
                      Yeah, the shipping cost vs. car value ratio can be off-balanced! Sometimes the shipping is a good thing, but most of the time I'd prob. recommend going and picking the car up. The only thing that would be awful is if you got into an accident w/ your newly acquired car!

I paid $3,500 for my CB7 and I'm glad I had it shipped, I would have damaged the tranny on the way back!!!

I'm confused why the shipping for the Mustang was so cheap I fig'd it'd be about $2,000 or something!

Comment

Working...
                      X