i get a new winshield..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i get a new winshield..

thanks to the truck in front of me on the way back down to florida. he hit a nice sized rock and it cracked my winshield very deeply and almost all the way through the glass. thankfully it didn't hit the car anywhere else!

maybe they'll buy some new chrome trim for the window too!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Nice. I thought the same thing when this happened to me. Told the insurance but I didn't have sufficient coverage so they made me get it replaced next day, I paid for all of it, and they still raised my rates. Oh well, new windshields still are nice. Although they're like $250.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

The trim is not supposed to be re-used and should be replaced anyways. I am also dealing with a cracked windshield right now but I figure I'll just let it ride until it's no longer safe. My insurance won't cover it. Luckily I can get a new windshield and installation for less than $200.

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Adam .. cool .. hope it all goes your way ..

But by all means .. replace the weather stripping.. and chrome .. its a must do .. no exceptions ..
        Clean the crud that you'll find in there as well .. lol .. I found a skeleton of a baby lizard
        that was all smushed up in mine .. along with dust, crud, and scum ... pretty nasty.

Who knows what lies under that weather stripping after 15 years .. ug ..

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i just hope they replace all the clips since i broke them all when taking it off to paint the car.

oh well.. my insurance is in ohio and i'm in florida so i just have to fax an estimate so i'll have them replace my front and rear trim too!
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
            The trim is not supposed to be re-used and should be replaced anyways. I am also dealing with a cracked windshield right now but I figure I'll just let it ride until it's no longer safe. My insurance won't cover it. Luckily I can get a new windshield and installation for less than $200.
            Where are you getting your windshield replaced for less than $200? Cheapest I found was $211.

Comment

Working...
            X