Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woah... What the F**K??!! Computer know hows, please CHECK IN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah... What the F**K??!! Computer know hows, please CHECK IN!

ok ok, so i was eatin chicken and i notice NEW.NET is now in my registry...

so im like WTF?

i research and find out its spy, ad-ware

so i get rid of it by means of ad-aware and hijack this in safe mode.

as im runin ad aware my chicken's starting to taste like wood... and i notice a folder never found by ad aware in standard mode. COMPLETE

C:\Documents and Settings\Lil' Danny\Complete

i was like... what the hell??

and i go to my documents and settings folder via My Computer. and it doesnt show.

I turn off hidden folders in View, and it STILL isnt there.

so i type this in Windows Explorer:

C:\Documents and Settings\Lil' Danny\Complete

and this folder takes FOREVER to open. the little flashlight looking through folders thing comes up.

and when it comes up... this folder reveals over a THOUSAND .zip folders of every kinda recent movie (from 2003 on) and program you can imagine.

I am talkin Adobe to Hitch to House of Wax, One night in Paris, Avid Express..

OVER ONE THOUSAND FOLDERS!!

I open one with winrar and it contains a SETUP.exe file. Now im not retarded and open it. but i open another folder, Same setup with the SAME size.

all these different movie and program folders contained the same SETUP.exe file, all the same size... Virus??

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Should I be worried??

(BTW, i got rid of NEW.NET... fuckin ad ware people...)

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

That sounds like a virus to me, run a virus scan.....and are you also saying the computer made your chicken taste like wood. When I read that I was like LOL.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      That sounds like a virus to me, run a virus scan.....and are you also saying the computer made your chicken taste like wood. When I read that I was like LOL.
      lol, no i was spending so much time looking at these files, my chicken turned cold and tasted like wood....

got any suggestions for a virus scan? a FREE one, preferably....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Bit torrent... www.isohunt.com ... norton 2005 with crack. You didn't hear it from me

Personally, I run Norton 2005 and the newest version of Microsoft AS. I download LOTS of crap, and I never have a problem.

Comment

I run AVG Free edition. It has worked great for me, and doesn't use a lot of system resources.
          http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

Comment

i got norton corporate edition...muhahahah
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What you described sounds dangerously similar to the limewire virus that's been gettin around. head to limewire.com and look up the problem in the forums. As far as viruses go, if it is the limewire thing (only w/o limewire? ) then there's only like one program that'll pick it up. It's not McAfee, I can say that with certainty, and I don't think it's norton either. I can't remember, just head to the forums and figure it out.
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Mum.....CHICKEN from KFC...Yummy! I'm running AVG Edition also, it seams to be doing okay. That and Microsoft Antispyware. No problems yet. Am I the only one who wants to find someone who makes up these viruses and kick their ass one day?

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

They don't bother me, I outsmart them by preventing them from ever reaching me. It makes me feel like I outwitted them......ok enough of me gloating.

Some virus writers are just "Wanted to see if I could do it" types, some are actually malicious (though few) and many are modern day vigilantes.

There are proven flaws in an operating system and the company denies they are critical or just won't fix it. So they write a debilitating piece of software to prove the weakness of the system by bringing it down. Immediately all eyes go to the company, who is then forced to fix their software. I won't mention any names (I don't really need to do I?) but recently the big one had one written that took down a certain OS, lets just call it "bindows 2000". It's not the nicest way of going about it, and it tends to leave us the victim if we're on the recieving end of it, but it's not all some geek out to get you.

If the problems were solved as soon as they are discovered, there would be less of these. However there are some still who write software just to be a pain in the ass. Thats rather ***, but the OS that 80% of the people use will usually be targeted by 95% of the virus/adcrap/etc.

Comment

Hey Wed3k, what version of NAVCE do you have? 7.x? In case you wanted a newer version, SAVCE has been current for a while now, 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, etc. I kinda...sorta...have access to all that stuff

Corporate edition > *

Comment

wow..how big were the zip files?...
                      if they are truly the size of the complete movie then somebody is jacking your computer hardrive...if not..its prolly a virus...man that is some wierd shit...i think its time for you to format your hd...download a good firewall....and virus protectiion program..and stop downloadin bit torrents..........heeh..j/p on the bit torrents....
                      this is a good time to format your hd ...and put a good security program in place...

Comment

Working...
                      X