Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woman Killed In Her First Skydive

crazy the instructor lived
    http://www.4utah.com/local_news/loca...D-F9E7737ACA2F apprently there is a video
    (ABC 4 News/AP) --A 30-year old woman skydiving for the first time was killed Saturday afternoon at Ogden City Airport while her family watched.

Police identified the victim as Julia Bond of Evanston, Wyoming. Her instructor, Jon Vancleave of Roy, also was injured in the tandem skydive accident.

Ogden Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Splinter says there's some question about what caused the accident. Some witnesses said a gust of wind caught the pair was they were coming down, and pushed them into a building. Others says the pair missed the building, but the wind caused the parachute to collapse and they dropped about 20 feet.

The Federal Aviation Administration will investigate.

Splinter says Bond was flown by medical helicopter to McKay-Dee Hospital Center in Ogden with severe head trauma and chest injuries. She was pronounced dead about an hour after the three o'clock accident.

He says Vancleave is in stable but serious condition at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City. Splinter says the instructor suffered head trauma and multiple fractures.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

that's why you never jump out of a perfectly good airplane. she'll never do that again.

Comment

she'll never do that again.
      LOL, collldd bloooddded *Rick James singing*

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

that's a fuckin shame.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

after reading this, having 2nd thoughts about skydiving. this is heartbreaking for the fam. who seen the accident in person. crazy

Comment

What in hells name were thery jumping anywhere *near* buildings for in the first place ..????
            I know it says they were *blown into* the building .. but man alive .. when we used to jump ..
            there wasnt so much as a building in sight !!!!!

Skydiving accidents are very rare .. verrrrrry rare ..

Malama Pono
            Tomi
            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-15-2005, 07:53 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thats why i dont be on that daredevil shit I leave that to the superheroes fuck that. You can do that shit all you want 1 days lucks gonna run out and dishes will come out of the parachute and kiss ya ass goodbye.

Comment

Yeah, that sucks. My best goes out to her friends and family. As strange as it is, it doesn't scare me... I choose not to be. I'll go again. I had my first skydive in June this year (see below)
                Attached Files

Comment

Right on DoctorCipher ..

Were you *tandem* there? Looks like you're flyin man .. Way to go .. mans got wings!

On the mention of that thread about the cat that poured oil in his TB .. that *was* a joke .. no?
                  It has to be .. I'm dyin to be *updated* ......

Soar With the Eagles DoctorCipher ..
                  Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Yes it was tandem. Man that shit was awesome... I gotta go again ASAP.

As for the oil in the throttle body, who knows... I have a feeling that it was real and not a joke. I've met some very..."technically challenged"...people. All I know for sure is that was funny as hell when I first read it

Comment

if you guys watch real Tv they showd a 14 year old kid going for his first dive..
                      kid goese, nothing happens. he went in shock and didnt pull any thing
                      after that
                      the 15 back up parachute never came
                      on camera you see him falling.. and them boom
                      real sad to watch... family put it out so others wont go out and dive
                      cccheaaaa
                      Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                      240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

btw if you want to watch people die from shit like that
                        watch opra on thursday lol
                        cccheaaaa
                        Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                        240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

There was one on real tv where the guys chute doesnt open and he falls to the ground, but lives. After he hits he's like "WOOOOOOO!!! FSCK YEAH! FSCK YEAH!" He broke all kinds of bones but he lived, and luckily he had a helmet camera. That's some awesome stuff, to live through falling to the ground.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Airborne!!!

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                              There was one on real tv where the guys chute doesnt open and he falls to the ground, but lives. After he hits he's like "WOOOOOOO!!! FSCK YEAH! FSCK YEAH!" He broke all kinds of bones but he lived, and luckily he had a helmet camera. That's some awesome stuff, to live through falling to the ground.
                              Yeah ive seen that, its badass. I thought his chute opened HELLA late, not freefall to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X