X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500k!!!! on a cb7.(egay link)

gotta love it. 1 owner miles
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...rdZ1#mainImage

damn that car is nice i still cant believe it has over 500,00 looks just like mine except for that decal on the hood

Comment

does say its the same motor or tranny or how many repairs that car has had. But the body and inter. is awesome.

Comment

thats pretty sick that that car still lives on. the exterior and interior look awesome....all cars should be kept that clean and should last that long
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

is that even possible to put that many miles on it??

^sold

Comment

500K isn't exactly as much as you think. They have a contest at the Honda dealer here every year and the winner usually has 6-700K on an all original car.

There was a 5th gen in Maine with around 1.1 MILLION miles on it. He bought in new and always had it serviced at the same dealership. The only unscheduled maintenance was an alternator, a radiator (I think) and one other thing like a steering rack or something. Other than that, just the maintenance schedule. The dealer said they were confident that it could go another 1.1 million mechanically, and it pretty much drove like new except for a couple of squeaks and rattles.

Unfortunately, Honda bought the car from him in exchange for any brand new Honda he wanted. He drove the car as a County Assessor, that was how he got that many miles in such a short time.

It's a testament to keeping up with the routine maintenance schedule.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i beleive it is possible ...its a honda yo...i dont know about you guys having all these problems on this forum...but if you keep up the maintencance on day one...accord its gonna last 500,000 miles...someone send that dude a cb7tuner.com invite..i currently have 180,000 but its running strong still ...its when yall do crazy shit with your cars ...it appears he kept everything stock accept for the custom gangster hood.....or yall buy an out of shape cb7 ..is when its reliablilty go's kaput...i firmly beleive my car can reach 500,000 if i dont race it...follow maintenance etc.. etc... his car is looks tight for an h22 swap tho.....

Comment

OG engines rock!!!

Comment

there was a guy about 30 minutes from where i lived who drove his 91 accord wagon all around the country many times. Drove over 1,000,000 miles in that wagon, all original motor and everything.

The car has been in two accidents yet the paint is all original from front to back?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    There was a 5th gen in Maine with around 1.1 MILLION miles on it. He bought in new and always had it serviced at the same dealership. The only unscheduled maintenance was an alternator, a radiator (I think) and one other thing like a steering rack or something. Other than that, just the maintenance schedule. The dealer said they were confident that it could go another 1.1 million mechanically, and it pretty much drove like new except for a couple of squeaks and rattles.

Unfortunately, Honda bought the car from him in exchange for any brand new Honda he wanted. He drove the car as a County Assessor, that was how he got that many miles in such a short time.

It's a testament to keeping up with the routine maintenance schedule.
                    Yeah, the link to that 1.1 million mile 5th gen was posted on here a while back. That kicks so much ass....I love to see such clean high milage cars like that. It just goes to show how important that factory maintenance schedule is. Do you think cars that get serviced at Firestone and Joe's garage live that long.....pfft, fuck no.
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

There are a lot of cars that have hit million something miles. I think the highest mile vehicle was a VW that had like some 2 million or something, don't quote me on that.

Comment

The actually deciding factor seems to be OEM Honda parts versus non OEM parts. I have done all of my own work for the last couple of years (on our 8 or so Honda's) and I have only had one part fail a second time so far. And yes the tech working on it must be familiar.

I have a '90 with 201K and it still runs as strong as the day I bought it. I have mods, so it is actually stronger, but if I didn't, it would run the same. The cylinders all compression test within 8 PSI of each other and they are all at about 2/3 of the service limit. I drive the piss out of my car daily, because everyone in my town thinks they are Dale Earnhardt Jr., so you have to just to stay alive. The first unscheduled issue or failure that I have started to have is the occasional main relay spaz. That's it.

Maintenance is so much more important than most people give it credit for.

Comment

Wait, why is this a good thing?

I mean I know Honda motors are fucking reliable as hell... but I mean... 500G miles...? ow!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Looks good. I'd rock that...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Last I read the highest mileage car was an old Volvo, with just over 3 million on the original engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X