• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new TX plates today

Big Bend National Park, bishes!

Looks like:

You just wish you were as cool as I.

Now that my tranny took a dump my plates come in. Timing is everything, huh?
    Last edited by ACCORDianate; 08-18-2005, 01:12 PM.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Manual conversion time?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Gawd I wish I had the resources to do it. 5sp > auto.

I'd be probably the only 5speed 10th Anniversary around.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate

cali has those specialty plates

ive only seen em on lexus's, bimmers, caddys, shit like that... never on an accord... especially a fourth gen...

your setting the bar, bro!!

now i HAVE to spend the extra 45 bucks to get one of those

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

There are sooo many options for plates in TX. I like the one's you got, as well as the Horned Lizard one.

Comment

UhhHumm.... I believe Fast93Accord did the Auto to Manual swap
            on his 93 10th Anniversary.
            You can be the second.

Comment

sweet....good choice dude. I was thinking about getting the Texas flag plates.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

how much is it to custom your plate?
                -kool92accord-

Comment

5spd...5spd...5spd...5spd...H22...H22...6spd...6sp d...J32A2...J35A1...C32A...

Im sorry, what now?
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

I just mailed in a check to Austin along with the correct form filled out that was downloaded from the DOT website via Adobe Acrobat and printed from my trusty Lexmark printer.

On the form it says to call your local county Tax Assessor/Collector office (registration office) in 14 days to see if the tags came in. I called 12 days after I mailed it and they were in. They're smooth without the raised lettering... all the better for a layer of dullcote to absorb radar and laser from the po-po.

keep in mind its $30 for the plates and another $40 if you want custom lettering on top of the normal registration fees. You'll have to peel your current registration sticker and take it in with you, along with your proof of insurance, and bring cash or a check in case there's a gap between the current registration and the new ones. I had to pay $8.05 when I picked them up today in addition due to the variance of expiration the new ones vs my old ones (1 month's worth).

My other choices of tags were the State of the Arts (TX flag), Keep Texas Beautiful (Bluebonnet), and Animal Friendly (cat & dog), but went with the Big Bend National Park one. I can always get a different one next year.
                    Last edited by ACCORDianate; 08-11-2005, 01:00 AM.

Comment

My next plate, which will be eikther on a Scion tC or a 2006 Civic, will be a custom one saying "OMGWTF"

Comment

Here's a pic of the plate on the car:

Comment

Here's a pic of the plate on the car:

Nice bro!

but i gotta ask something

WHY THE FAWK is it such a big deal to hide your plate number???

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I started doing it a year or two ago due to a local Dallas board that allegedly has theives lurking. Now I do it out of habit.

Comment

Working...
                            X