What's the RAREST CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    My friend just got one for his wife. Let me tell you how adamant Honda is about not going RWD...the engine runs north-south, right? Cool. I thought the tranny was tucked under the engine somehow on the radiator end. You figure that would make sense, right? WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. The engine is by the BACK of the engine, you know, where a RWD tranny would be...but then there's all this baloney to get the power back up to the front wheels. Mind you, the car isn't that roomy, and with the tranny the front is basically like a RWD car...and yet Honda STILL made that car FWD. The 2nd gen Legend was the same way.

Now think for a second as to how awesome the Vigor and the Legend would have been if they were RWD. Think of how sick a Type II 6spd Legend GS coupe would have been pumping that power through the rear wheels. Honda really fucking dropped the ball on that one and fucked everybody over...the mechanics, the owners, everybody. When I found that out I was like 'wow, not very Honda-like...usually everything they do makes sense.' But whatever...
    No Kidding! This is how much they dropped the ball... I don't know about the Vigor, but behind the rear cover on the 2nd gen Legend tranny is a yoke takeoff for a freaking driveshaft! All they needed was a rear differential and axles and a freaking driveshaft!

Bastards.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      either it did or someone went out of the way to mod 2.2azuls car. Her car came with ABS somehow

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
        Ummm lets see, the rarest CB7 i think
        is the 1991 Sebring Silver Metallic Clearcoat SE.
        The one that came with black leather interior. Only a few were
        made.

Other than that i think the next one is
        the suppose 1993 "Championship White Clearcoat" ( NH0 )
        Woah really???
        I found one in my junkyard the other day.
        some homo put a stupid body kit on it, and a freakin' massive APC wing.
        I don't really know what was wrong with it, b/c the body was completely intact, but now that I know I will probably get the intake and some other crap; maybe even the rear disks if it has them
        (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
        Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
        My (old) Ride

Comment

I saw a silver SE with ex-r wheels a couple of weeks ago it was in showroom condition and had black leather interior, it was being driving by like an 80 year old man

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
            No Kidding! This is how much they dropped the ball... I don't know about the Vigor, but behind the rear cover on the 2nd gen Legend tranny is a yoke takeoff for a freaking driveshaft! All they needed was a rear differential and axles and a freaking driveshaft!

Bastards.
            That shit is rice if I've ever seen it...a north-south engine config, tranny behind the engine, the "BMW snub nose", but still FWD. I like the Legend; I drove one in high school and the car has some pep for a 3500# automatic 200HP sedan; especially higher in the rev range even on the Type-I motor...but damn it it's FWD. It probably would have weighed exactly the same and only been a little more cramped inside had it been RWD.

You know, all this talk of making it rear wheel drive has the worm gears in my mind turning...you say a driveshaft is placeable on the Legend's transmission? I can't imagine it being too difficult to cut up the floor to make room for all the RWD stuff...and they are getting kinda cheap...hmmm

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
            X