Anyone here into freestyle biking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here into freestyle biking?

I was SICK in my younger days...I was the neighborhood wheelie king. I could go AROUND a block. I used to bunnyhop bikes and trash cans and stuff too; good times. I'm trying to get back into it while I get into shape. Anyone else into it?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Yeah, I still ride. I ride mostly flatland but I do enjoy alittle dirt and street. I'm one of the few in my area that still rides though. It sounds like you were pretty good though!

Dan

Comment

Oh man, I haven't done that stuff in ages. I loved it, but I was so lousy at it. I used to hit ramps and wake up on the ground not knowing what happened.

What'd you guys have for bikes?

Comment

I used to have a Redline RL something dirt bike that never touched the dirt, and right now I'm on a very old school Robinson I found on the street... True story! I'll try and get some pics/vids up soon I guess...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah I used to too all the time. Id ride my bike when i woke up till when i went to bed. I had a Haro Backtrail X2 , I had a Haro ?? something, My bro had a GT something, and friends i knew had Mongoose expert. Some kid down the st from me could do the crazyiest wheelies. It was pretty damn insane. I had my days I was the ledge jumper. Crazy heights id jump off with the bike

ahh yess until my bike got stolen @ the library

Fucking pricks

Comment

I remember the days when the GT Performer was like the Type-R of my world; it was the best of the best with it's funny paint schemes, plastic rims and weird frame shape. I later learned that it was just a heavy and outdated (but beautiful IMO) freestyle bike...

I had a Dyno VFR for a while but that got stolen eventually too. I loved my Redline the most, but when I got my car my mom threw it out. You don't do things like that...

So now I'm on this rusty but functional Robinson and I'm working my way back to glory. It's good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              I remember the days when the GT Performer was like the Type-R of my world; it was the best of the best with it's funny paint schemes, plastic rims and weird frame shape. I later learned that it was just a heavy and outdated (but beautiful IMO) freestyle bike...

I had a Dyno VFR for a while but that got stolen eventually too. I loved my Redline the most, but when I got my car my mom threw it out. You don't do things like that...

So now I'm on this rusty but functional Robinson and I'm working my way back to glory. It's good stuff.
              The GT PERFORMER!!!!! OMG I wanted one so badly, you have no idea. I even had enough money for one but i made the stupid mistake of getting what I thought was a better bike. I still remember the one I wanted, it was green and black flake with black 3 spoke rims.

I had a neon yellow Dyno VFR (still have it) with white GT mags (top that) I replaced the mags with a set of spokes and dirt tires. I kinda miss the mags, but I still have pictures. I know my cousin's bike has my old mags, I kinda want them back actually.

My main bike was a Haro Shredder Super Deluxe. Pimp bike, pretty damn expensive in its time (I paid close to 550 it I believe) and was mega heavy. Fun bike tho. I still have that and my Dyno. My mom wants me to move them into the shed.

Comment

I got to go back to work but I'll post about my bikes and stuff later. Very cool thread though, I'm glad this was brought up

Dan

One thing: I have an '89 Performer, yes 1989!

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                  I got to go back to work but I'll post about my bikes and stuff later. Very cool thread though, I'm glad this was brought up

Dan

One thing: I have an '89 Performer, yes 1989!
                  My friend had an mid 80's Performer from a cousin. It was a skyblue, white mags, pedals, seats, etc.

I'm missing my white mags so much now I almost want to buy a set and put my bike back together how it was in '94 when I got it.

*EDIT* They were the rare non-directional white GT mags as well. They weren't on the performers or the Dyno Comp's either.

When I was living at my uncle's for a year I used to ride my cousin's Hutch Trick Star...the weirdest frame you'd ever see. The bike was super tail heavy, so it was awesome on jumps.

*EDIT-2*

Picture this with one purple mag and one white, but the bike was all in white.

I wonder if my cousin knows this stuff is worth like $400.
                  Last edited by AccordWarrior; 07-25-2005, 12:03 PM.

Comment

did some flatlanding myself. i got a GT performer back in 92 just like my car LOL. i'll take a pic of it on my rack. i take it out once in a while but i'm not as good as i was before. i bruised my tailbone bad off a jump and i guess it went downhill from there. i go mountain biking now.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Seems like this thread is taking off.

I actually found my 1989 GT Performer at my town dump. I couldn't believe it was there. It was the light/sky blue w/ those crazy colorful decals and white accents. I completely did it over, there were afew parts missing and the fork was bent so I had to blend in some more modern parts. It still has the original: frame, handlebars, wheels, sprocket, seat, seat post, seat post clamp and stem. The wheels are in great condition, I have to bleach them every year b/c of mildew, but they're fairly true. I rebuilt the hubs w/ new axles, bearings, and cones. The races were in decent shape.

I also have: *2000 Haro Zippo, all flatland, shortened wheelbase, working on weight reduction-Haro's are heavy.
                      *2000 Hoffman George
                      *1997 Pacific Hyper, my first bike, it was from ToysRUs but it was one of the last quality Pacifics ever made. It featured some good parts for what it was.

Comment

That's the Haro

That's the Dyno. Ignore the bad lighting, it was the only way I could get the color to show up. It used to have white mags on it. Boy were those pimp.

I can't believe I dug em out, I want to put them back to working condition again.

Comment

Man, I used to eat, sleep, & shit....Riding back in the days of not having a liscense! I used to have a bullshit job passin out Dominoe's pizza flyers, for $35 a day! It sucked ass but I saved up and Bought an S&M next gen DirtBike!!! Every piece was bought seperatly and it took like 6 months of working my ass off and $1500 later I had One Sick Bike! I beat THE LIVING PISS out of that bike, and the only thing that complained was I'd break the seat & the back rim like every other dAY! This thread is awsome!! I loved biking Mostly riding STREET, but alot of dirt, and some skatepark action every once in a while.. I was mostly a dirt rider but for some reason I was Always better at riding street Anyone of you guys used to hitting hand rails? Came more than close too losing my teeth a few times!!! also anyone got that *mangled left shin-bone syndrome!* I'll try to post some pics of my S&M, It just marinates to this day in my back yard, Man that was a TOUGH bike!
                          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Some other random memories I remember...

-reading BMX Plus and drooling over Titanium frames in "Dan's shop..."
                            -Wheelieing my old trash Magna mountain bikes and changing gears mid-wheelie
                            -CRASHING INTO A BRICK WALL AND MESSING UP MY KNEE
                            -Riding a Diamondback for the first time (@ like age 10), reveling in how light it was, and having it offered to me for $400 (I was 10!!!)
                            -LAUGHING @ my friend with a no-name bike who kitted it out w/GT stickers, taking it to a shop to get fixed, and having the workers send him out, like 'this bike is not a GT, we can't touch it', HAHAHA...it's funny cause that kid has strobes, neons, a 2000W RMS MA Audio system, and chromies on his '02 Altima...

Comment

i used to ride..still ride sometimes but not my bike b/c i havent had that in like 2years. i used to have a dyno vfr,diamondback venom+joker,the good old huffy, a dyno i built myself,robinson patriot 24, a fitbike co. team xl 2 years ago..that was my last bike. always wanted a redline never got a chance to get one. spent way to much money on bikes but i guess it was worth it back then.
                              Hands Down Jerseys Finest

Comment

Working...
                              X