My CB needs surgery...thinking of leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB needs surgery...thinking of leaving

Cliff notes: My CB needs a new oil pump...I'm gonna fix it, and more likely than not sell it in the next few months. The situation sucks, I love the car, but I need something reliable and this is not it.

The unabridged version:

I can't sell or drive a broken car...my oil light's been on for a few days, and last night as I was about to go out it came on at IDLE. I just turned it off, took out my stereo stuff and I'm gonna take it to get the oil pump or crankshaft seal replaced (hopefully it's just that, and not FUBARED bearings, as that = new engine which I don't have the time for).

So I'm thinking of fixing that and the A/C, and possibly moving on...I love my CB, it's the top of the line model with a stick (like my old Maxima) and when it's functional it's great. I was just thinking about putting a straight pipe on it and shooting flames everywhere...but then this sh*t came up. Obviously it's a 12 year old car; but in the past 2 years I've spent thousands on repairs- from the rotors to the radiator to break ins and stereo replacements (Pep Boys was actually a crime scene, which is why anything of value in my car = in my garage...I was even thinking of even taking off the aftermarket intake filter). I'm not mad at the repairs, I'm just tired. My old '95 Maxima ran smooth, EVEN WITHOUT A RADIATOR (for minutes at a time, let's be serious...when I crashed it the whole nose was gone and it still ran), and all I had to replace on that was the alternator/battery.

So I think I'm gonna move on. I'm not working, but I have interviews coming up, and I really think I'm gonna get something with the MTA, which would be INCREDIBLE as while the pay isn't that great, the benefits of being a gov't worker are. So if that works out, by fall I'll prob. be pushing a 97-98 Maxima or a 96-97 H22 CD-EX coupe. I can't deal w/these problems anymore. The oil pump (HOPEFULLY) is going...my radiator went once...my A/C doesn't work...what's next? Each problem is more major than the last, and with the car's value diminishing day by day it makes less sense to keep it around.

Sorry for the extra long post; it should be fixed by Wed. (as I have an interview) so I should be at the meet this weekend; I might still go even if I don't have a car (I'll crash w/the local VQ crew). Man that was a long post. Anyways just giving people warning, I'm fed up as many people have been and like Twisted Sister said,

Originally posted by TWISTED SISTER
    WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT...ANYMORE!!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Sorry to hear this Glory .. and Primo has a point .. I for one (when I moved here to S. Florida)
    searched hard and long, for a VERY reputable mech that worked on alotta CB7's..
    and low and behold .. he was like as close as my backyard, and has great prices .. annnd
    fortunately, my cb7 does'nt require a whole lotta work .. I had a new f22 installed
    (beat fixing the *old* motor) so now .. I can focus on *other* things .. and you'd be suprized
    at how inexpensive it is, to install one ..

You have a 12 year old car that obviously needs alotta work .. (I dont have air either.. gas eater)
    and I dont use the P/S any longer .. I wish you the best .. but we'd all like you to hang in there.
    Maybe purchase another CB7 .. and g'luck with the work scene ..

edit: uhhhh .. i coulda swore primo had a post here .. LOL

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
      Sorry to hear this Glory .. and Primo has a point ..
      Tomi
      *edit-i deleted my previous post by accident*

anyways, what i said was instead of spending (x) amount of $$$ on your system, why don't you fix whats needed on your cb7 first. IMO, maintenance first, then the toys
      whats the point of having a nice looking ride, or a hard-hittin system if you can't drive your car ??
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Well I maintain it; oil changes ~3000 miles, I change the pads and everything myself. When we got it @ 71K we changed the timing belt before I even had the car in my possesion. Like I said, I'm not complaining really, meaning I know what it costs to keep up an old car. The point is, I don't want an old car anymore...I love the CB, it's a clean car, nice design and nice to drive; but right now I'm unemployed, and having a cash vacuum for a car isn't helping my situation. Even if I sell my system/springs (which I don't have the heart to do) who knows what will break next? I'd rather move on.

You gonna be there this weekend Primo?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

How come ur car was broken into so much? Do you have an alarm? Tinted windows? IF they were tinted they cant see your HU or rear/front speakers.

Comment

I was stupid, it was my fault...no alarm and I left it at the train station overnight. Once someone broke into it in BROAD DAYLIGHT though, and this was all before I got my drop. When I got that I drove to Manhattan (this was like March/April though, I was done with school by then)...I think it's just our cars.

Comment

Pep Boys didn't add enough oil at my last change . That's last time I go there.

Comment

I hope you learned your lesson glory ohwell. Youll be aight though thats if it doesnt blow up on you or anything just keep your asshole puckered so that you dont get raped. But im about to sell my engine and turbokit perhapseverything turbo on it and just get a 240 or part out the whole car with just a shell and seats and stuff like that thats all. Since shonuff mabe gettin something drift i figure i should start too.would be nice if i could get an ae86.

Comment

WOW no more turbo H22 cb7? Damn man if I get this job coming up we might need to talk about that engine/tranny/swap thing...

And good luck trying to find an AE86 on the east coast, from what I know they're ALL in Cali. I'd go for a Sileighty (hatchback 240 w/the Silvia front, 'DET); there's one in Rosedale that's red and nice. If not that then a K-series Civic...but you'd have to chain it to the sewer or something, theives couldn't wait.

In fact, you could even go back to stock, sell the CB7, and put your motor in a Civic...good times.

And FUKK Pep Boys, they're so incompetent...I think from now on I'll just change my oil, I've done suspensions, audio and other stuff...I might as well do my own oil...

Comment

simple shit do it yourself because most of these mechanics are are rush,rush messin shit up takin no kind to other peoples property.

Comment

I hate 240sx, everyone has one now. They were cool and all like 4 years ago, but now there too popular. That's why I like the accord, not a lot of people have fast ones. and no ones expects to get owned by a 10+ yr old car.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I'd push an S14B right now, you're bugging. In NYC they're rarer than Ferarris.

Comment

Dude I feel your every damn pain.
                          "form follows function."
                          Louis Sullivan

Comment

fuck pep boys, id do everything myself as well...im craving some potato salad.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Why do you think its the oil pump? In all my years of fixing hondas I've never seen an oil pump failure. You probably just popped the balance shaft seal. Pull off the upper timing cover and look down at the balancer seal, see if it came out. Also, I hope you're not driving it with no oil pressure...it doesn't take much to lock up the camshaft.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X