Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which PayPal account?

hey guys and gals,

im thinking of getting a paypayl (yeah i know slow to sign up) so that maybe i can sell, or buy things from others here and ebay.

i noticed that there's 3 accounts to choose from and im caught up in deciding whether to pick the PERSONAL or PREMIER account. I know im not a business so i wont pick that one. hmm..

i am planning to sell stuffs and w/d from my paypal from time to time, as well as buy stuffs. but i heard that w/ the personal account they limit the amount in which u can transfer funds to ur bank account for w/drawal?

so my goals are:
    buy
    sell my used stuffs (but at the same time, transfer money to reg. bank anytime i want)

any ideas, recommendations, or storys to share? and i dont wanna pay a lot of the fee's for being a merchant, which i ain't. and what HIDDEN fees are there? i emailed paypal and they didn't reply to me at all.
    hahahahah

i have a premiere account they charge a fee for recieving money i believe its either 5% or 3% but it depends on how much you sell on average (ie how much money you are receiving) but the personal account still allows you to accpect cash from others. there are just a few more options to the premiere. its all up to you. i should actually get the business one but im not making enough cash right now as it is selling stuff.

Comment

do they limit how much u can w/draw w/ personal? like what if i wanted to withdraw 200-300 from paypal instantly for emergencies?

i mean i really d k the difference. between premier and personal. i mean if personal was free to recieve money, why wouldn't i just go w/ that?

i just want to sell stufs from time to time on ebay, and i just want to be able to w/draw money incase of emergency from my PAYPAL. some peopel told me they restrict u like 100/ month w/ the PERSONAL and i think that's no good incase. but buying stuff is no prob for any account.
      hahahahah

Comment

nothing is exactly instant with paypal. theres a lag cause its all verified before it goes through.

and there is the same fee for both premeire and personal to accepct cash.. correct me if im wrong people.

but yea i dont know how much they limit you on your personal account. but i know that i havent reached a limit at all and ive spent close to 3000 using paypal alone since march of this year.

Comment

I actually have a business account... works just like any other. I think the fees are the same. I dunno... no complaints here!

Comment

i recently made a paypal account. a personal one..so will i have some kind of charge if someone bought from me or vise-versa?

:Back In Business...

Comment

to my understanding. if u receive (sell) then they take a percentage.

im not worried bought buying. mostly selling as i dont buy that often.
              hahahahah

Comment

With a personal account there is no fee to receive money.. the only stipulation is you have a smaller limit for the month and you CANNOT receive payments that were made with a credit card (I found this out last night)

A premier account allows you to accept credit card payments but there is a fee of 1.9% (or $0.50) to 2.9% (or $0.50) for all payments received.

Personal account is COMPLETELY free to use.. but like I said.. no cc payments

Comment

premereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee all the way

Comment

whast the stipulation for month?

does that mean w/d from paypal
                    or receiving amount via paypal monthly?

i might just go premier. i d k bought c.c. types of stuffs. maybe ill try personal then upgrade later to PREMIER !

thanks guys.
                    hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                    X