Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSHO - H Series Hybrid Owners

We need our club too!

I have plenty of respect for the F series tuners. They are the Accord purists. I don't mean any disrespect, or intend to create a rift between the F and H people.

While the F series people are the purists, or the ones who want a challenge, the H Series Hybrid Owners want to create something a bit more unique.

An H Series engine swap in a CB7 is a pretty impressive mod in itself. It gives roughly 200hp to work with as a base, and any further mods will build on that, rather than a maximum of 140hp (for the F22A owners, anyway. Hybrid F series owners are kind of in a gray area...)

So, H series hybrid owners represent! PM me if you want a number!

thats cool that u H series owners wanna start your club..
    pfft. and yes the F series tuners are really looking for a challenge when tuning their vehicle.. not just slapping on instant base power.. no offense to the swapped/swappee peepz..
    anyhoot.. IMHO i dont see the uniqueness of the H series swap.. but thats just me not to take away from those who do..
    i see the H series as getting power and being able to just stay there .. at that level.. 200flyhp
    then there is the other hand to this.. the FSAE crew.. tune to take their car/its FACTORY equipped motor to its breaking limits.. and breaking it and rebuilding it stronger,faster,more reliable..
    a good example of this to me is Theone... mann.. shit.. lol.. uve done a good amount of bolt on work.. and is pretty quick.. and whats to come of it im sure will be more impressive..
    like i said all of this jibber jabber is my OPINION not to be taken offensivly by anyone..
    pfft... just think the H series is a tad on the easy streak..
    (no flammage please) im trying to be as friendly as possible.... without hating or saying controversal shit

....edit....

sig says it all..
    sorry couldnt resist.. lmao
    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 01-09-2004, 12:09 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

That's it... You and me... and our respective gangs... Knife fight on the west side at dawn!

It's all a different approach. theone runs about as fast with his modified F22 as I probably would with my fairly stock H22. I give him respect because he's done so much with the F already, and he has plans to do so much more. A fast all-motor F series is certainly something to respect! I get respect from people because I have the H series in there. I'll get more respect as I modify it.

It's all personal preference. Like I said, I don't want to create conflict... Honestly, I was feeling left out of the FSAE, and I wanted a number Now I'm #1... though my hybrid is probably one of the slower ones on here...

Comment

yeah... i also didn't intend any disrespect. the ONLY reason that i really started the FSAE was because I (personally) wanted to find other cb7tuners who were also interested in modding the f-series. it just became harder and harder to find anyone still interested in their accord motors. so - i figured this was a good way to gather everyone.

but the HSHO is a great way to continue to spread the knowledge for a growing crowd of enthusiasts. and you all deserve a little club as much as we do! nice way to step up deevergote

Comment

I'll join. wikked - I'm all about doing everything you said, just with a different engine. I don't think too many people that swap plan on leaving it stock and being content with 200hp. I know deev's goal is 400whp eventually. I mean everyone says oh you can boost over 8psi with a stock block, or run x shot of nitrous stock. my eventual goal is to try to have a pretty high hp stock block h22. still a pretty good challenge imo.
          HSHO #3

Comment

I wish I qualified for HSHO. Maybe one day I can join.
            Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Deevergote u gotta get more members, i thought u guys were the dominant ones cause most cb7's do h22 swaps. The last time i looked up this thread was last friday...and that was the last time somebody posted here. I'm kinda disappointed i wanted to know all about the HSHO and their members, plans, etc. Unless this is like the old thread and theres another one somewhere please tell me what in the world is going on.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

it's less then you think. In reality I can think of maybe like a dozen people on this site with h22's, and I've only ever seen 1 other 1 on the streets.
                HSHO #3

Comment

Yeah, there will undoubtedly be less members in the HSHO than in the FSAE. The H22 is the "common" swap for our cars, but it's still rather uncommon. I've never seen another H22 CB7 in my area (though I've heard of a few at Atco Raceway, but they could be from anywhere).

Sparkle is #2, I think.. If he ever puts it in his sig!
                  I'm tired as hell at the moment. When I can think straight, I'll assemble my to do list and post it up. My plans aren't all that detailed yet, but I have a general idea of what I want.

Comment

Would I qualify with an H23A head swap?

Comment

i had ur back for the fsae WEDGE, but u kinda qualify for both groups
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, I'd say you'd qualify... You'd have at least part of an H series engine, and you would certainly have a hybrid! I think you'd be the only one on here with a foot in both groups!

I was thinking about putting the F22 internals into my engine. I wonder if that would make me F enough to be in the FSAE... Of course, I started the HSHO, so that might not be a good thing!

Comment

Thanks midnite.

Deever, I suppose I would be in both, but I'll change my sig so I won't really be in either "club"...

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, you could be in both... As long as no one objects, anyway! (OR you could start the HFHO )

Do you already have that setup, or is it a future plan? I'm curious as to how it works... reliability, installation ease, etc... It's definitely something new to me!

Comment

I have the distributor needed, still looking for a head in good shape for a decent price...also will need the ecu.

I don't see it being any less reliable than any other honda engine...install should be straightforward, put distro on head, put head on block, install timing belt, put valve cover on, plug ecu in.

I just hope I'm able to at least reach the power of a stock H23...hopefully more, of course...

Comment

Working...
                              X