Just tired of my CB7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tired of my CB7.

I'm just tired of my car. Its a money pit. I always end up paying to replace stock parts. Instead of trying to upgrade it. Some damn part breaks or needs to be replaced. Thinking of just selling her. Its a great car and all I just find myself spending too much time trying to get her back to stock then doing what I want with it. I already dumped $1000 into it. I just don't know. I'm tired of it.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

i feel you. i'm on the same boat.. i don't spend a lot to fix it but i'm just tired of it. i've had her for almost 4 yeasrs and it's about time to let go. .. there are more things in life than cars.. but this place i could never leave.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

im just getting started

Comment

All cars go through phases like this. Just think what guys with cars that are older and less reliable than ours are going through. $1k is, indeed, a good chunk of change for replacement parts. But remember that upgrading is useless unless you have a good base to build off of. The money you dump into it now makes the car better able to sustain upgrades and not blow-up. But that's just my opinion.
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

The problem with my car is. The previous owners did not take care of her very well. I bought her for $1000 from a friend. It was missing a right side mirrow. The sunroof was cracked and leaking. The right side fender was dented up not to mention the right side corner light was gone. Apparently they hit a deer on the right side. I bought her cause I needed a car. My other car was and eye sore It was a 85 celica Gt I got it for free. It has ben in 4 wrecks before I got it. I had to get rid of it cause it just was bad. So I bought the Accord cause its was a good deal at that time. Since then I replaced most of the problems. I'm just sick of it. I worked hard for the car and I work hard to put money and buy the parts. Working part time in a grocery store. My family is not that rich so I just don't get money to spend on what I need. I got to save up and wait every 2 weeks when I get paid. Then I have bills to pay and help the family out. By then I don't have much to spend around. I need a reliable car. Not a money pit.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

How much are you willing to spend on a car, and what kind of car would it be?
            ~DirtySouthHonda

Comment

my next is a lexus.. but i dont know how soon ill sell the cb7. soooooo undetermined.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i understand where youre coming from, but its kinda the territory you stepped into when you bought a used car of 13ish years. hondas are great, but they need to be maintained. and just like you said, youre always replacing stock parts... shit goes bad and needs to be changed, it happens. shit, im forkin out $800 and i wont be gaining any power... its all to fix stuff.

Comment

1,000? That's all?

2 days after I bought my Cadillac I had a 900 dollar bill.

I felt worse than you.
                  + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

May I add just the lack of aftermarket support.
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Tell you what- meet me in Casper, WY (about halfway between Dallas and Seattle) with the car and title and I'll take it off your hands at no cost to you other than the gas there and the plane ticket back. I'm such a nice guy I'll even drop you off at the airport there in town so you won't have to worry about a taxi or hitching a ride.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

i put in 2k+ and still have a ways to go.

but next will def be a lexus, all the toyotas that we have have no problems whatsoever except the one time where the camry kept stuttering and stalling and it just was the spark plug wires.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I can especially understand were you guys are comming from. I've had my CB7 since '93. I've been tired of it from time to time. Probably most of the time. But its the other times that I love it. I want to get either an Acura TL or a G35. Lexus is good too. But you have to consider the greater expense of getting a new car, plus the cost of gas nowadays. I'll miss my 33mpg highway driving.
                          Then again, I need a new radiator, clutch, mounts, etc etc etc. But it will still be cheaper than car payments.

My swap thread
                          Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
                            I can especially understand were you guys are comming from. I've had my CB7 since '93. I've been tired of it from time to time. Probably most of the time. But its the other times that I love it. I want to get either an Acura TL or a G35. Lexus is good too. But you have to consider the greater expense of getting a new car, plus the cost of gas nowadays. I'll miss my 33mpg highway driving.
                            Then again, I need a new radiator, clutch, mounts, etc etc etc. But it will still be cheaper than car payments.
                            true dat, the lexus sc300 that i want only gets 18/23...and if im mashin then it will probably get like 10, lol.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I do agree, cars can be a money pit, especially a used car like our cb7's... I want to put a ton of money into my 93.. but I know since I'm only planning on keeping it a couple years longer I'm going to have to set some sort of a limit.. I don't see myself putting any more then a 1000-2000 more over the next couple years seeing as the resale value is going to be a lot less then what I've put into her..
                              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X