Uh tell me if this is possible..or um yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh tell me if this is possible..or um yeah

Well I was just browsing thru an old site I used to frequent a couple years back..anyways I stumbled across this kids profile and description..says he drives the following with the following mods.

I made the iffy stuff bold for you guys to read...my question is..is it even remotely possible?

'I drive a 2004 honda accord. It is a 2 door 5-speed EX. It has a K24A4 motor with pretty heavy modifications.(The pics are before mods, so theres no exhasut) The accord is now happilly pushing a T3/T4 hyrbrid running 5 p.s.i. on stock internals as a daily driver and 7 on the track. It puts down an 8.7 on the 1/8 (no quarter near my house) which is plenty faster then the Z28's and GT's in my town. The best part is there is no rice in sight, no body kits or stickers. My dream car is a Porche 911 Turbo. A Supra 2JZ would be a close second.

I work two jobs and go to high school. I work at Taco Bell and Arby's. I got promoted at Taco Bell. I am currently a manager in training until I turn 18 and I move up. More mods for my car. '

Man if the k series is capable of handling that..then holy crap either its me or Im seeing things.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

I call B.S.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Someone want to explain to me how a kid whose not even 18 yet has any mods, whatsoever? I mean it's all so damned inconsistent. That is, unless, his parents are rich, and he's a bitch. Hmmmm... makes ya think. I woder what kinda grades he's pullin if he's got 2 jobs. Probably D's. D's for (retarded voice) "Dah, Dah, Duh!"

Oh and for the record:

Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

im still new to the k series motor but i didnt know they had a kit out for the k24 block yet.. hmm but i have seen tons of DC5s with turbo so i guess they prolly do. but an 8.7 1/8 would mean about a 15.8-16.4 1/4 wouldnt it? not all too quick IMO.

but its the fact that he says "a K24A4 motor with pretty heavy modifications".. then he goes on to say...."stock internals ".. IDK yes there are many more other mods he could do to the motor but i dont consider a stock internal car TUNED OUT.

in my opinion he might be turboed.. and he might run those times.. but hes basically talking big about his car.. more fibbing than out right BS... but we were all young once right?

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
          im still new to the k series motor but i didnt know they had a kit out for the k24 block yet.. hmm but i have seen tons of DC5s with turbo so i guess they prolly do. but an 8.7 1/8 would mean about a 15.8-16.4 1/4 wouldnt it? not all too quick IMO.

but its the fact that he says "a K24A4 motor with pretty heavy modifications".. then he goes on to say...."stock internals ".. IDK yes there are many more other mods he could do to the motor but i dont consider a stock internal car TUNED OUT.

in my opinion he might be turboed.. and he might run those times.. but hes basically talking big about his car.. more fibbing than out right BS... but we were all young once right?
          an 8.7 1/8 wouldnt be a 16 second 1/4 by any means because the whole way down the track the car is speeding up so it is actually a very fast 1/8

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Wow he got promoted at Taco Bell... MIT at Taco Bell still means low wage lackey.

I'm totally calling BS unless he has parents dumping money into his car via a large allowance.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

http://board.accordtuner.com/showthr...ighlight=turbo

that should be the right page and everything . . . 7 psi, 241whp/239wtq
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                an 8.7 1/8 wouldnt be a 16 second 1/4 by any means because the whole way down the track the car is speeding up so it is actually a very fast 1/8
                Yeah exactly. Screaming fast.

Speed does not equal acceleration. Thats why you can't double the 1/8 time.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

actually the K24 is a very mod ready motor. only difference in the K-series is the stroke and intake. I know this because My bud with the SI is getting a K24 block from a CRV only reason its from a CRV is no egr the accord needs a blocking plate. This is the amazing part....we are putting his K20a Jackson Racing supercharger on it and getting a smaller pulley for 11 lbs of boost the motor is coming with RSX oil pan and oil pump and then for the head we are going to use a RXS type S head. Give me some time and i could get you tons of links to reputable companies that make turbo kits and such for the K24. You have to think this kid is still in highschool probably lives at home no rent or other things like that..having alot of money into your car isnt that hard to when you have everything else free..saying his car is bs...probably not.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
                    Someone want to explain to me how a kid whose not even 18 yet has any mods, whatsoever? I mean it's all so damned inconsistent. That is, unless, his parents are rich, and he's a bitch. Hmmmm... makes ya think. I woder what kinda grades he's pullin if he's got 2 jobs. Probably D's. D's for (retarded voice) "Dah, Dah, Duh!"

Oh and for the record:

i agree...i call Dah, Dah, Dah, Dumbassssss!!!

mommy and daddy must wove wil taco bell worker!!!! Taco Bell manager = 8.00$ an hour in my town!

Comment

1/8th times really mean nothing to me, so I can't determine how fast that really is...

Figure, that car is probably making about the same power as MRX's car, and it's a good bit heavier. Judging by the estimated power and the weight of the car, I don't think anything lower than high 13s would be possible. Not saying that's slow by any means, but I don't know about being faster than Z28s... well, maybe bone stock ones.

Comment

I call BS on "faster than Z28s and GTs" cuz even the stock autos are low 15ers at worst. As for the motor handling that, Id say its entirely possible. As for him not even being 18 and having all that...THATS iffy. Itd take some real dedication to have a CM Accord at that age (unless his parents bought it) much less a modded CM.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                        X