Main Relay Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Relay Experience

Ok, well recently, my cb fell victem to the notorious Main Relay problem.

This problem was a huge nusance(sp) since it wouldnt start on a hot summer day when i have to pick my little sister up from school.

so i was already running late to pick her up, and go figure, the cb wouldnt start.

My dad got pissed off because of my laziness not to re-solder the contacts myself,"If that what it supposedly is" so he reluctantly agrees to pay for the service at Ball Honda in national city..

Ok, we take it in, and they dont believe us, first of all...

the tech goes

Mechanic: "What are you talking about? theres not a relay under the dash" -attitude like he knows it all just because hes got a HONDA patch on his fucking shirt-

Me: "What? It sends power to the fuel pump and controls a shit load of other things..."

Dad: "Danny, watch your mouth"

Me: "Hang on I wanna hear this..."

Mechanic: "I've never heard of a main relay, never heard of a relay under the dash..."

Dad: "Danny, I told you... out of all the years I've worked on Hondas that have had this problem... It never turned out to be any relay... the fuel pump was bad... We have got to get a new fuel pump..."

-this is the part where i LOVE CB7Tuner...-

Me:"I know, for A FACT, that the problem is the MAIN RELAY -look at mechanic- Under the dash...

Dad: Fine, let him do the diagnostics, and if your wrong, your going to pay for it."

Me: And I'll pay for a new fuel pump...

So the shittle(yes shittle, that annoying Honda Oddyse van) takes us home and we wait untill three hours later he calls us back and says

"Yes, Mr. Garcia?, This is the Honda service department at Ball auto group"
    Me:"Yeah, hang on a sec..."

I called dad into the room and put it on speaker phone

Me: "Go ahead..."

Mechanic: "We took the car out and left it in the sun, and called the main office, and yes, it turned out the be the Main Relay under the dash..."

i swear to god, i ran outside and yelled "I TOLD YOU!!!!" my neigbors think im fuckin nuts...

my dad took the call from there and the shuttle came to pick us up twenty mintues later.

Never had a problem with the CB since...

For those who helped me on the Main Relay issue... thank you so much!
    Last edited by lil_dcb7; 07-10-2005, 02:23 AM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

-Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

sweet deal. I replaced mine still gives me a lil bitch fit now and again but wayyyyyy better than it used to be

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I know all about those Ball Honda pricks. They worked on my car years ago after an accident. Bunch of amateur losers. Even in the parts department, they kept trying to give me the wrong break pads....the ones for the sedans are different than the coupe.

Even the other dealerships say to avoid Ball.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

driving with the main relay replaced is a great thing. Havent had a single issue with starting since I replaced mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
            driving with the main relay replaced is a great thing. Havent had a single issue with starting since I replaced mine.
            i know isnt it great??!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92
              I know all about those Ball Honda pricks. They worked on my car years ago after an accident. Bunch of amateur losers. Even in the parts department, they kept trying to give me the wrong break pads....the ones for the sedans are different than the coupe.

Even the other dealerships say to avoid Ball.
              werd.. cali peops. do NOT go to ball honda!

Comment

Ball Honda parts sucks ass. I went to some "Professional" Stereo shop which broke 3 of my 4 door kick plates, and for weeks on end they kept sending the shop the wrong parts until I had to go down there and order the parts myself... Complete idiots...

Comment

i had to replace my main relay about a year and a half ago and i haven't had any problems either except the iacv which happened recently.

glad your stuff is good now man. i hated it when i parked in the sun (i live in florida so go figure) and i couldn't start the car.

so the conclusion is......

you > your dad ... you 0wned him haha
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

same thing happened when i got a code# 4, i told the mechanic where the problem was and where it was located. he agreed with the whole thing and eneded up giving me a 50% discount on the so called..."diagnostic"
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Main Relayowned

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                        Why didn't you just fix it yourself?
                        i didnt have an extension for a ratchet nor solder

Comment

So your daddy paid dealer rate to have it fixed?

Daddy owned!
                          if i was wrong i would have paid for the tests ( $120) plus the new fuelpump and labor FOR the fuel pump (GOD KNOWS!)

Comment

Yes, I understand that.

120 bones will buy a lot of extentions and solder.
                            LOL!!

at least its fixed, my knowledge gained here avoided me paying for the main relay, and ive accomplshed something i've never ever done before in my life....

own my dad AND ball auto group ...

at the same...time...

Comment

Working...
                            X