Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do parts guys always know more than you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do parts guys always know more than you do?

dude... i'm going for a job at advanced.... if i get it i'll give you mad hookups

SOLD!

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    i'm not driving to SC for oil......really.........that's a longish ways

oh.... we'll make it work....

SOLD!

Comment

The Napa guys are usually pretty smart, i have been known to correct the honda, pep boys, advanced, and autozone employees tho. Most of them know me by name now and some of my acquaintances work for parts stores too...they're usually asking me for help too. I'll ask my gf''s dad about the charge thing he knows alot about batteries.

also, fizz...have you ever been to jail? my gf wanted to know
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

around here...... no matter what it is... napa doesn't have it.... they won't even look it up.... "do ya'll have oil...." "yea we don't have it.... we'll have to order it... have a nice day"

auto zone...... jeez.... jimbo and bubba work there.... "do you have a starter for a 1991 honda accord" "we don't carry no honder parts" "wtf?"

so yea... advanced is the best around here.... but i guess its different everyhwere...

SOLD!

Comment

all the guys at the auto parts stores here are pretty good about hot rods and shit, but when it comes to imports oh shit watch out. but they are always interested on what i am working on..
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
            but they are always interested on what i am working on..
            same here...its great making friends with them tho...its the only reason i've done 4 axle swaps without question lol
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

you tell 'em, fizz... i hate that shit

...but i have to say being female is the worst... they automatically assume im a dumbass or try to water shit down, which in some cases ill use to my advantage until they try to gouge me on prices when im getting quotes on labor; as for parts i think its funny to watch those boys drop their jaws when i start asking for quotes and help on weird shit (simple stuff like a blance shaft retainer) that they don't even know what it is let alone did they ever think that a GIRL like ME was gonna be asking for it

...big reason i NEVER take my cars to dealerships anymore... unless i know someone

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Originally posted by luvmyGen4
                you tell 'em, fizz... i hate that shit

...but i have to say being female is the worst... they automatically assume im a dumbass or try to water shit down, which in some cases ill use to my advantage until they try to gouge me on prices when im getting quotes on labor; as for parts i think its funny to watch those boys drop their jaws when i start asking for quotes and help on weird shit (simple stuff like a blance shaft retainer) that they don't even know what it is let alone did they ever think that a GIRL like ME was gonna be asking for it
                :
                awesome.. I love it when girls walk in there, and show the stupid kids whats up... puts them in their place. I was teachin my last g/f as much of the basics as possible... since I cant stand how people get ripped off just because they dont know any better.

But Fizz... your crackin me up like usual....
                it acted like i took the battery out and threw it away

the fagdaddy at the counter
                and a few others..

And BTW.. isnt it fun when you gotta show people how to do their jobs. Its a cash register.. you have to be smarter than what you're working with fool! Kinda like going into typically a fast food restaraunt.. but pretty much any place nowadays and paying with 8.00, then adding 30 cents after they punched in the 8 dollars, and they freak out, and gotta find a calculator/manager.

Its kinda like some old show, dunno the name. But this girl knows how to spell all these big words, and impresses people, but then they ask her to spell cat, and she says "K - A - T" Since when did addition/subtraction become optional
                Last edited by aero; 07-08-2005, 10:41 PM.

Comment

hey which store was that at?? I'm sure we go to just about the same places around here... I have had a couple problems with both O'reilleys in madison and in athens... somehow that dosn't surprise me that happened....

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                    And BTW.. isnt it fun when you gotta show people how to do their jobs. Its a cash register.. you have to be smarter than what you're working with fool! Kinda like going into typically a fast food restaraunt.. but pretty much any place nowadays and paying with 8.00, then adding 30 cents after they punched in the 8 dollars, and they freak out, and gotta find a calculator/manager.

OMG Brandon .. dont even get me started lol ... I swear ... they think that because they're behind
                    that counter, they're the bomb ! Sometimes I just wanna .. POW! To the moon Alice !!!

I've seen that look on their face about the change reference you made .. omg dude ..
                    My skin crawls just thinking about it .. Grrrrr ...

A Hui Hou !!!
                    Tomi
                    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-08-2005, 10:55 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Yeah I hate auto store employees. And I'll never buy another cheap ass brand battery from those places. Every battery I ever bought never lasted the miles it was rated for. One time one had a bad cell.
                      So anyways, stick with AC delco, its the battery our honda's came with from the factory, and it is the best or near best you can buy.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                      X