No announcement yet.

FSAE thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More waiting for the Panda CB7. I'm sorta between on what to do. I really want to get a new muffler but I also want some black Slips for the car. I can get 4 15" blackies shipped to my house for 450 and tires will be about another 200. I have about 400 now. If I get the muffler I'll be down to a little over 200. Dunno...I'll figure something out. That's about it for mine for now.
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Yeah, I have been hearing some bad stuff about Gude lately. I have been considering going with someone else. I recently looked at some of the links off of Bisimoto's site and they looked pretty nice. Can't remember the name of the company but they make rods, pistons, cylinder head assemblies, etc. But, I have definitely heard some negative comments about Gude. Who would you guys recomend for tb/im/cha/cams??? I would like to get the best that I can. I don't want to have stuff break a year after I buy it. That is just wrong. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

Fearit22, I am trying to build the engine so it will have some serious power and be reliable at the same time. What kind of parts am I wasting money on and why. Just curious. I am no expert by any means. Just trying to get some nice ideas for my future f22 expeditions. Thanks.
      FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

After hearing reports of snapped Gude regrinds... and their customer service is notorious for being horrible.

Comment

well i mean, who do u go to now. Heard Jg and Gude are terrible...how many other head porting and polishing companies have enough reputation to be worth while...or we could just start sending everything to rsmachines...i think that'd be a good idea
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

JG is bad? I've heard a good deal of good about them... better than Gude anyway.

I'm guessing if you learn exactly what it is that you want, you could go to any reputable shop and have them do it to spec. If you tell them exactly what you want (in writing) and they mess it up, then they would be responsible for replacing whatever they ruined.

For cams, I don't know for sure. Delta does good regrinds, I heard. Other than that, I don't know who to go to. Crane and Crower don't make F22 cams, and those are the main ones I would trust.

Comment

i think it was exospeed that also made f22 cams, but yea i've heard horror stories about JG...i mean really really bad. Just search the honda forums like honda-tech or something and you'll get an absolute ear full. They have royally fucked some ppl over with sandpaper instead of KY. And once something goes wrong they don't give a shit because they already got your money and ur just another mouth

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                i think it was exospeed that also made f22 cams, but yea i've heard horror stories about JG...i mean really really bad. Just search the honda forums like honda-tech or something and you'll get an absolute ear full. They have royally fucked some ppl over with sandpaper instead of KY. And once something goes wrong they don't give a shit because they already got your money and ur just another mouth
                Lol, nice analogy. Yeah, there are a lot of people with complaints about JG when they built their engines. I have heard some crap about Gude, but I bought the cam used from someone else and have been running it for about 9 months and have had no troubles at all.

Clemson - It's not really necessary to do anything with the crank with the power you would make. You wouldn't need a new battery or oil pan either ... It's good to have your engine beefed up well though because we all know that when we get there we will want more power heh.

Comment

Web makes cams for ALL our motors, even the VTECs. Custom profiles too. I dunno if they're regrinds though...they're kinda $$...

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ok..so I have an F22a motor out of an EX in mine...so I joined this thread..

I want to see what I can pull out of the F series motor

give me number and we'll be friends lol
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

we dont do numbers anymore i dont think, just throw on a tag..

Comment

ask accordtunerx or wikkedv16 cause i think we still are doing numbers...either way i'm keeping mine

Comment

I think atx is out of it due to the drama that followed the creation of the FSAE (and the HSHO...) Wikked is #1, and I believe that he is still sticking to the numbers... either way...

The HSHO has 3 members, but we still have someone (ahem...) who hasn't put his #2 up yet... it's not really a big deal! Just pick a number no one has yet, I would say.

Comment

My list of mods is not complete yet. Still a lot of other things to put on it. Hoping to make 250-300 whp. I know it sounds like a lot but I think it is doable. It will be a lot of money to do it all N/A but I think that it will be worth it. More reliable than FI too. So do you really think that I won't have to do anything to the crank? I definitely want to go with the optima though. They will last a lot longer than standard batteries. Also no maintainance. Also what would a new oil pan actually do for me other than higher capacity? Would a dry sump be a good idea? Just trying to get this thing right. Ya know what I mean!
                            FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

I wanna Join..whats my number?

Comment

i hope nobody has #22 :O cause i am gonna take it

Comment

Working...
                                X