aint it just a shame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aint it just a shame...

Wow... I just got back from my local junkyards and I feel a little depressed. I was walking around the honda section and stumbled upon some newly added cars. One was my favorite gen Prelude (89-91) and it was perfect. It had just about everything I would want to do if i had the money right now, with a few exceptions of course. It was black, had eibach coil-overs in the front, but strangely not the rear . It had the basic Short ram Intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 headers, and some sort of Apexi exhaust I think. But what really killed me is what I failed to notice at first. It had a carbon-fiber hood, and not just any ole hood, but a VIS carbon fiber hood. The car was black and a manual too. Man this is the car I've really wanted outside my CB7. The entire B21 engine was still intact, though I wonder if something isn't blown inside the engine. IDK... Anyone else ever feel this way when you find a nice car in the junkyard?

On another note, will any of the aforementioned aftermarket parts, save for the carbon-fiber hood, work on my auto CB7? And another thing, what kinda parts can I siphon off a 95 EX? It's an auto as well and has the F22B1 engine. Is that engine DOHC? Cause after surveying the engine layout, it didn't appear to be. And yes, It had the VTEC as well. If I go for the engine, will I need to swap trannies as well? What kinda can of worms will I be getting into with something like this?
    Last edited by Masamune; 06-30-2005, 02:48 PM.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

its a GOT DAMMNED shame maing!!!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

rims off ex??
      hahahahah

Comment

Coulda searched an found this but...
        Everything suspension related is swappable from the 95, as is the some of the interior(seats and rear door panels I believe).

The engine is SOHC VTEC, and some people have swapped it, turboed it, and the like. Search members rides and swap for more info.
        -Jay

Comment

wow i didn't know that.. is it just the 95??
          hahahahah

Comment

Nope, all 5th gens.
            -Jay

Comment

so you can buy suspention for a 5th gen and put it on a 4th gen? even with aftermarket parts?

Comment

Yep thats why a lot of online shops list products as "90-97" accord..

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Nothing from the prelude will work then huh? Damn... Oh well, easy come, easy go I guess...
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Yeah, that Prelude shares more in common with Civics than it does with Accords... It's in the same timeframe as the 3rd generation Accord (4x100 wheels, "B" series engine... though not THE B series, etc...) Not a bad car, but useless for CB7 parts.

The EX, as said above, shares many things with the CB7. Engine, transmission, wheels, and suspension stuff can be swapped over.

Comment

Working...
                    X