Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps $5 a year is too low... People pay $20 a year for magazines... that have less to offer, and NO interactivity whatsoever!

Comment

i will pay..

Comment

you have paypal? I'll pay my fee right now.
        my ride

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
          That was exactly my plan... and it would definitely help me out with the costs of this new dedicated server that I'm running on. But as you said, maybe the members would be more serious about the board if we charged a fee.
          Do what ya gotta do playa. I've been willing to fork over some dough for awhile. I'll keep the rest short, once u develop a bad reputation its hard to get rid of it especially if u continue to live up to it. Post relevant info that you didn't pull out your ass and nobody has a problem with you. I used to dispise sparkle...then things settled down and i don't have the slightest problem with him. As a matter of fact we help each other out nowadays .
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Personaly I dont think making people pay is the solution, I really think the rules need to be inforced people should get warnings and useless threads deleted or locked but once again thats my opinion, also haveing people pay will just reduce the amount of members

Comment

i joined the board a few months after it was up and it was great man alot of info and stuff but proabably the last 5 months i really dont even bother with the board anymore its just bs with some of the shit. its more whoring them posting any useful info. steve i think it would be a great idea to pay 5 bucks to post to weed out some of the people
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                Then go for it. Show me. EVERYBODY show me. Show me that I'm a moderator, and not a babysitter.

And yes, I remember that thread. That was the beginning of this. When I realized how little I care to do anything anymore... I actually flamed the hell out of that thread for about 5 minutes before deleting it. I loved every second of it too!

I had some reassurance that there were some worthwhile people left here... those who tried to be nice to the guy, and those who yelled at me and Accord Warrior for flaming. I respect those people. They showed backbone where so many others have failed to do so... too many others these days.

We're supposed to get rid of "them". The bad people. The trouble... When the Nissan Sentra guys came here, we got rid of them. They didn't like us, and we didn't like them. Now we're looking to ban other members because they're a little annoying? Fine. I'll ban Mick and every person to ever flame him. How's that? It's not about one person. It's about a whole lot of people.

Thats the kinda things your supposed to do in the first place. when some one sees a "problem child" deal with it!! Don't just say "Stop it, Stop it, Stop it, I'm telling you, Stop it, Stop it! Ok, FUCK YOU I GIVE UP!" Nip problems in the butt! Please do not tell me that you couldnt tell problem tuners from the get go, no not you... Not the guy whos into phycology(sp) and shit. Stop problems right then and there before it comes to bite you in the ass in the long run and do major damage... good example...

years back, when dad was the daily driver of the CB, the front passenger tire had a hole he he never wanted to get new tires (even tho they had no tread). After i kep buggin him about he, he said "fine, ill go and get a good used one"

make a long story short, because he didnt take care of the problem in the begining, he needed to spend a whole lot more on a new vital front end part than the cost of 4 new tires...

So i said all that so say this... I was always told "You only get ONE chance, to make a first impression..."

so when newbies come along and seem like trouble... Make a good, stong first impression as a mod... Ban the fucker, for an hour, a, day what ever! Make your point clear, thats what this boils down to, if you look at it, i dont want to seem like and ass, and deev i feel you know me just enough to know that im not a trouble maker or ass hole, but essentially, its the mods fault, im sure you've seen the problems they've started really earily in their membership... you LET them become this problem on the board. If they felt that this thread is really worth it (Which it is) they would recognize your first impression and when you give them their second warning or whatever the case maybe they'll say

"Oh, deev said to stop, he banned me my first, he dont fuck around..."

or

"cpmike dont play games, quit flamming"

thats my opinion...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord
                  also haveing people pay will just reduce the amount of members
                  Just like money...more members more problems. Deal with it accordingly

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Personaly I dont think making people pay is the solution, I really think the rules need to be inforced people should get warnings and useless threads deleted or locked but once again thats my opinion, also haveing people pay will just reduce the amount of members
                    It's hard to enforce the rules when everyone is breaking them... We'd lose more members by being nazis. I'd rather have a few members who value the board enough to pay for it than a bunch of crapy members that get banned once a month... and lose all the good people to banning or nazism.

Comment

no, i think it is the solution. we've tried that method for way too long now and its obviously not working or this thread would be non-existant right now.

like i said, charging would help in a number of ways..

+ financially - i could pay the hosting services without worrying about being in debt or losing the board.

+ members would be more mature/serious on the board since they paid and wouldn't want to get banned... so it would cut down on the flaming. hell, if they do get banned.. they can always re-join and pay again. they'll eventually learn their lesson.

+ less trolls from other automotive boards, since they wouldn't want to pay money just to get their flame fix.

+ charging might help prospective members learn to search before becoming registered members. if they aren't allowed to post on the board and don't want to pay.. they'll need to learn to search in order to find information.

+ any extra money i make could be used for the benefit of the board... site upgrades, running contests, events, etc.

+ an overall more tight knit community without the bullshit.

and like deevergote said... it would be better to have less members who care about the board and its progression rather than a ton of members who are just here to trash it.

Comment

If the site was running decent and Steve would do something about it he would acually be making profit off the site and there would be no problems. CB7 has great potential but I dont think Steve has the capabilities to run the site as a buisness

Comment

I cant pay, i cant afford it, most of my check goes to my mom, and i gotta live... if this happens, no more cb7... Sorry tuners... if your so willing to pay, like i see some of you so gu ho "I'l pay!" then why dont you donate?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                            I cant pay, i cant afford it, most of my check goes to my mom, and i gotta live... if this happens, no more cb7... Sorry tuners... if your so willing to pay, like i see some of you so gu ho "I'l pay!" then why dont you donate?
                            I donate....... So my vote is still..make em' pay

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                              + members would be more mature/serious on the board since they paid and wouldn't want to get banned... so it would cut down on the flaming. hell, if they do get banned.. they can always re-join and pay again. they'll eventually learn their lesson.
                              THAT is a wonderful idea! Double it everytime they wanna get back in and that'll make a lasting impression

Comment

gimme your addy and the fee and itll be in the mail tommorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X