The day has finally come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day has finally come...

After so many monthes,....After so many miles.....my Maintence light finally came on!!! I bought my cb7 with 138,000 miles on it. Everyday I would be greeted to the Green maintence light. But finally, at 142,500 miles, the light has come on! I finally get the excuse to perform maintence on everything on my car.

So I went out and bought this and changed my oil today:

I also bought 3 quarts of HONDA ATF, but the fuggin tranny bolt wont come off, any suggestions to get it off? There isnt any clearance for a breaker bar. What do i do?
    Last edited by i97supratti; 06-28-2005, 07:31 PM.

dude thats just a timer man doesnt mean you have to replace everything lol

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Yeah... that thing is timed or miled or some shit. Every time I drive my moms CB7 that thing is red. Just reset it wit yo key f00!

Comment

I know how to reset it....but still.... I must now replace everything (note, i never did any real maintence to the car since i bought it, only change the timing belt/water pump, tranny, and the oil pan)

Comment

Yeah, that just counts miles... It turns orange, then red at like 7,000 or something. I leave it red. Goes with my color scheme better. You still haven't gotten to red yet!

However, it's NEVER a bad idea to treat your car to some regular and preventative maintenance!

Honestly, when that first came on for me, I freaked out... took the car to pep-boys and told them there's something wrong I thought it was serious, like the CEL. THEN I read the manual that the previous owner was kind enough to leave in the glove box...

Comment

I also bought 3 quarts of HONDA ATF, but the fuggin tranny bolt wont come off, any suggestions to get it off? There isnt any clearance for a breaker bar. What do i do?

Anyone got any insight to this? The ATF was hella expensive, and I would like to put it to use.

Comment

well bro welcome to my world i had the same problem used all types of shit but the best thing to do it ack up the car as high as you can. Then take a vicegrip tighten it down really tight really really tight. HEat it up with a portable blow torch jsut to get it a lil warm hit it up with some kroil or wd40 and while its on there tight tightly yet firmly turn it as slow and as hard as you can dont jerk the wrench on the bolt or it will stril which = brusied cut knuckles give it time its a bitch but youll get it.

Comment

I forgot to add this too. After adding the oil and starting it up, I reversed the car.......and ran over my jack :Cry: the part with the 2 circles that the hook-like object goes through is bent, but it seems like it works fine. I am sure it works fine.....:looks around:

Comment

Yeah, it turns yellow every 7,500 miles, thats when you're supposed to change the oil and rotate the tires, and then red at like 10K or something. So basiclly it should turn yellow about every other oil change.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                    After so many monthes,....After so many miles.....my Maintence light finally came on!!! I bought my cb7 with 138,000 miles on it. Everyday I would be greeted to the Green maintence light. But finally, at 142,500 miles, the light has come on! I finally get the excuse to perform maintence on everything on my car.

So I went out and bought this and changed my oil today:

just a reminder, its not a light!

Comment

as for the tranny bolt...i had the same problem with my manual tranny so i just jacked up pretty high to get enough clearance for a breaker bar and just tug until it gives...get good leverage too and use jack stands if possible

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                        as for the tranny bolt...i had the same problem with my manual tranny so i just jacked up pretty high to get enough clearance for a breaker bar and just tug until it gives...get good leverage too and use jack stands if possible
                        jack stands should be required.... Be careful without them

bad experience......

meeeeeh....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Day 2 of Operation Remove Tranny Bolt
                          Status- Failure

Tried for like 10 minutes today. I did not jack up the car, just shoved in my ratchet and tried to turn. This weekend I should have enough time to jack it up, and if i have to, go and buy a 3/8" breaker bar.

Comment

Righty Tighty, Left Loosey. I am turning it to the left.

Comment

Working...
                            X