X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Missing N.J. Boys Found Dead in Car

Originally posted by Geoff Mulvihill, Associated Press
    f
    CAMDEN, N.J. - The father of a missing 6-year-old boy found his son's body and those of his two young friends in the trunk of a car Friday, two days after the children disappeared from a nearby yard where they were playing.

"We haven't determined whether this was foul play or whether it was just a tragic accident," said Camden County prosecutor Vincent Sarubbi, who said the medical examiner was preparing to do autopsies on the bodies.

The boys — Jesstin "Manny" Pagan, 5; Daniel Agosto, 6; and Anibal "Juni" Cruz, 11 — had vanished from the yard next to Anibal's home on Wednesday evening. The car where they were found was parked in a driveway next to the yard.

A neighbor, Carmen Villa, said she saw David Agosto open the trunk of the car Friday and collapse to his knees screaming. Police Chief Edwin Figueroa said the vehicle had been searched before, but it was not clear whether the trunk was checked.

The boys had been the subject of a massive search since their disappearance. About 150 police, firefighters and other officials searched Friday using boats, helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and tracking dogs.

Neighbors in this desperately poor, crime-ridden city of about 80,000 people across the Delaware River from Philadelphia also passed out fliers to motorists with the boys' photos and descriptions.

At dusk, hundreds of people milled about in the neighborhood, many in tears, as news helicopters hovered overhead.

"If it was one of my kids, I'd be devastated, like into a million pieces," said neighbor Maria Rolon, 28.

Anibal and Daniel both lived in Camden's largely Puerto Rican Cramer Hill neighborhood. Jesstin lived several miles away in Mount Ephraim. He and his mother had been visiting Anibal's home at the time of their disappearance.

Relatives said Anibal often played with younger children — in part because they were more like him than kids his age. He suffered from neurological problems and had just finished the fifth grade at a school for special needs students.

"He may be 11 years old, but his mind is more like a 4- or 3-year-old," said his grandmother, Carmen Cruz.

Daniel disappeared a day before his last day of kindergarten. He had never gone off the block alone before, said his mother, Iraida Roman. She described him as a regular kid who liked to "ride bikes, play in the dirt — simple kid stuff."

Jesstin also attended a special needs school, said a family friend, Cornell Worlds Jr. The boy idolized the Los Angeles Lakers and star player Kobe Bryant, Worlds said.

He was "a good-spirited type of kid," Worlds said.

fucked up

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

That's so sad...I couldn't imagine being the parents...my heart goes out to them.

Comment

I pray for the parents going though this, I honestly can't imagine what they are going through right now.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

if it was my kids i would have no reason to live after that. the persons that did that need to die the way they did.,

thats how penaltys should work.. if your convicted you shall recive the same type of death or worce Period.

Comment

David Agosto, center, father of missing boy Daniel Agosto,
            collapses in the arms of a friend in Camden, N.J., Friday, June 24, 2005.
            The bodies of Jesstin Pagan, 5, Daniel Agosto, 6, and Anibal Cruz, 11,
            were found Friday, three days after they disappeared while playing in a yard. (AP Photo/Tim Larsen)
            Last edited by JaK FRoSTWhiTE; 06-24-2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Being a parent, I just coudn't imagine....RIP.
              "Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy Valvano

Comment

A neighbor, Carmen Villa, said she saw David Agosto open the trunk of the car Friday and collapse to his knees screaming.
                I couldn't imaging seeing that for my self.. such a sad story.
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

The cops said a few days ago when they were still searching that they were going to put out an amber alert but they didnt think that was nessisary.

also the mother went in the house for 5-10 munits and came out and they were gone.

i dont know about you but i always keep an eye on my children because when i cant see em i start to get nervous. except maby when they get older. but with all the perverts and petifiles ..i stand my ground when i say they need to be my sight

Comment

I dont think there have been any reports as to how they ended up in the trunk all i know its that its kinda erie considering i live around 10mins away, i dont think anything like this has happened b4, i do kno if someone did this to them they should suffer.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                    Frost White Member 13
                    My Ride
                    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

It kinda sounds like the old refrigerator warning... kids find a fridge on the side of the road, waiting to go out in the trash, climb into it as a place to hide, and get stuck. I can imagine that these kids found their way into the trunk and just couldn't get out. It's a shame that 150+ people couldn't think to search the car parked next door to where they were playing. Sometimes the right answers are the simple ones.

I feel for the parents. I'm not a parent yet myself, but I know that it only takes a few minutes of inattentiveness for a child to find trouble. Hell, my little dog is bad enough! I turn my head for a second and he's in my room wizzing on my laundry. Kids are much more capable, and much more curious.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty crazy to think of all that had to NOT happen for no one to find them. No one hearing them, no one checking the trunk, no clues to lead to that car, that dumb dog not finding their scent, and the latch release not working from the inside. They had even searched the car before but I guess they were already dead or someone would have heard them in the trunk. And they said Wed night thunderstorms might have muffled any sound they were making. Craziness.
                        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                        X