Insurance company getting shady???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance company getting shady???

i just got a call today from my previous insurance company, state farm, and they told me they need a copy of my insurance declaration from my new insurance. when i was with statefarm i paid for my own premiums, but i had a family discount cause my mom was also insured with them.

now theyre saying unless i fax them my new insurance paperwork to prove that i have insurance still... theyre going to charge my moms account for my premiums. is that bullshit or what??? i do have the papers to show them, but thats not the point. do they really have the right to do that? im not a customer anymore, how can they demand shit like that.

not only do they have the right to do that, it's the law. state farm, or any insurance company for that matter, has a fidicuary responsiblity to ensure that when you no longer carry insurance with them that you indeed carry insurance with another company.

the fiduciary responsibility is to the rest of the citizens to ensure that you are not an uninsured driver. there are too many people who can't afford insurance, who simply say "i'm going elsewhere for insurance" and then never get it. that puts everyone else out there on the roads at risk.

fax your paperwork, and be done with it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
      do they really have the right to do that? im not a customer anymore, how can they demand shit like that.
      yes...im not sure abt state farm's contract but i am w/ geico's so they're basically gonna be the same...

what it boils down to is that they can make changes to a policy (your mom's) if new evidence or information is brought to them....one of the best amendments is adding of drivers....if you have a license and you live in your mom's house then your name automatically belongs on her policy...now if you have other ins which is what the ? is about then they will have you listed as 'other ins', if you don't have ins they have an obligation to add you as an active driver to the policy unless you show proof of other ins and that would raise your mom's rates if you're a youthful. ins is all about rating for risks and as unfair as it seems state farm has to rate if theres a lic driver in a household w/o ins b/c there has to be coverage there. if there were more independent and honest ppl like you then this would be unecessary, but unfortuantely you have ppl w/ dwi's and revoked licenses killing ppl and fucking shit up w/o ins and somebody has to pay for the damages (the ins co's)......so just send them the dec page an tell em to fuck off
      Last edited by badmanferg; 06-22-2005, 07:37 PM. Reason: holy run on sentence batman
      Harm_Lane_Sound Long Island NY...

68 posts forever...we nuh rate the 69 ting

Comment

YES SIR!

since its the law, i guess ill let is slide. i just thought it was odd that they can force charges like that.

Comment

Working...
        X