Hydorgen Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydorgen Cars?

So i was watching tv today and they had a thing about hydrogen cars. I was just wondering what does eveyone think about them, what'll happen to all the fun tuning that we do now. Do you think people will be able to modify them any, just wondering what eveyones opinions were about the future direction that cars are goin in.

When the cost of keeping a hydrogen plant running goes down (its 30000$ a day to keep producing hydrogen via splitting the water molecule), we'll see TONS more Hydrogen cars.

Comment

Originally posted by lowcord
      So i was watching tv today and they had a thing about hydrogen cars. I was just wondering what does eveyone think about them, what'll happen to all the fun tuning that we do now. Do you think people will be able to modify them any, just wondering what eveyones opinions were about the future direction that cars are goin in.
      this idea is actuall the motivation for me getting my college degree in chemical engineering. i want to be in the automotive business but i know we wont be tuning petroleum powered cars forever. so im going to go ahead of the curve and get an education in chemistry so that i can understand the newer cars and they ways they use hydrogen to make power. then i will use that knowledge and be able to make them performence fuel effecient and enviornment cars.. i know that BMW has a high performence hydrogen powered car..but it has yet to be driven daily...only been on the track last time i checked.

but yes..i embrace the future and i hope to make some money off of the enviornment and speed junkies...all at the same time!

Comment

All I have to say is the day Hydrogen powered cars hit the streets is the day I hang up my wrenches.....I don't wanna work on 'em.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

As much as I would love to see us stop killing eachother over petroleum I would find it hard to say goodbye to a lot of old school cars that I love and someday want to get. But yeah, hydrogen is the way of the future. I have been looking at a couple things on the net about hydrogen generators that are currently in the process of being built, these things are supposed to be self sufficeint, kind of like the solar power deal. Basically saying goodbye to the electricity bill. I wonder when those things are gonna come out. Time to start looking at companies that are doing this and invest in some of their stock.
          my ride

Comment

Working...
          X