what would this cost me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would this cost me?

Below is a link to yet ANOTHER ebay auction. It's for the F22B engine I've been looking for and the price is only $80 + 150 for shipping. It says in the description that the #4 cylinder has a bent valve. About how much more are we talking about to fix that? just curious. Feel free to take it if you want, I'm really short on cash now. Thanks

F22B

*EDIT*

I found this and just had to throw it up.

I think I'll Buy It Now
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-21-2005, 03:04 PM.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Holy shit thats a steal, good luck bro, I don't think it would be much to get a new valve, might as well replace all 16 of them now though.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Yeah, no ebay links (nice one mikey...)

As for the motor, I say go for it if you can get it for a good price. Is it the DOHC or a single cam? I wouldn't spend the money on the single cam if your F22A is in decent shape.

A new set of valves will cost you around $150 or so I think for some GOOD ones. OEM replacements might be less... $100 perhaps. Getting them installed might be anothe $200-$250. If you can get the motor that cheap, I would suggest saving up and doing some headwork while you replace the valves. For the price of a good motor, you can build yourself a better one!

Comment

bent valve, wouldnt that mean theres something bigger wrong with it to cause that?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

most likely timing belt snapped.
          my ride

Comment

LOL Masa !!!

I see the *Buy It Now* is still available on the second link You havent
            changed your mind, have you?

I woulda used the BIN, but .. you got dibs man ..

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi
            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 06-25-2005, 09:56 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

bent valve means timing belt and/or other important components that would probably have to replaced also. just make sure that your not buying something thats gonna take tons of cash and time to make better.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
                LOL Masa !!!

I see the *Buy It Now* is still available on the second link You havent
                changed our mind, have you?

I woulda used the BIN, but .. you got dibs man ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                Tomi
                I have a feeling that second link was provided by the editor of the post

If there's a bent valve, that means something is off... Either the timing belt snapped, the cam timing was improperly adjusted, or the motor was over-revved causing the valvespring to bind... No matter what, if the valve is bent, it's because it hit a piston. If it hit a piston, that means there's some damage on that as well. It might not be a big deal, but it's up to you. Are you prepared to handle any problems that might come with this motor?

Comment

*sigh* I had to let it go. It's just an injustice that I have no money Excuse me while I go stare angrily at my bank account statement.
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                  X