Trading 18's for Factory Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading 18's for Factory Wheels

im not sure if this should be in off-topic or in tha suspension thread. please move if necessary.

Okay now, my friend has a 96 integra with these wheels on it. including the center caps. I asked him today if he would be willing to trade for my white 18's that i have on my integra now.

heres a pic -

I've been on here for awhile now, and i noticed alot of people going with small rims for tha speed/handling aspect. So I wanted to know what you guys think?

:Back In Business...

Follow what you want to follow man. IMO is a better route to try and be different no offense to anyone but its some of us are followers and some us prefer to be different...in other words do what you feel is best in your own right.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ah, the GSR blades...great rims...but in HIGH demand. You put your car at risk for theft with those rims on it. Back when I was looking into getting a GSR I was reading around Honda-Tech...they basically said if you had a 98-01 GSR the first thing to do was to remove those rims becuase your car would get stolen.

Just something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        Ah, the GSR blades...great rims...but in HIGH demand. You put your car at risk for theft with those rims on it. Back when I was looking into getting a GSR I was reading around Honda-Tech...they basically said if you had a 98-01 GSR the first thing to do was to remove those rims becuase your car would get stolen.

really? i thought the fat fives were in demand? i personally prefer those.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

very good point mang... but i dont think i have to worry about that where i live. (state college, pa) itz really a bunch of hikes (no offense) that think my car is ugly because they like chevy trucks.

could i get lockin lug nuts for tha blades?
          Last edited by RyderzUnlimited; 06-14-2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            really? i thought the fat fives were in demand? i personally prefer those.
            Well...I like the Fat Fives better too...but unlike the Fat fives which made their way onto some of the SE models...the blades were GSR only wheels. Thus any Integra that had them stock was the GSR, which made the car a target for thieves. I love the fat fives, if I could figure out how to get them on the CB I'd do it.

Comment

OMG, i love those blades. best 4x100 Honda wheel evar IMO. shine those up and they flick like crazy, hehe. plus they look so damn clean on a 2nd gen

if is was in your situation, i would trade in a heartbeat. aftermarket larger wheels tend to depreciate very rapidly. you will NEVER (well, almost never) get back what you paid for them unless they are super rare.

back in the day, i ended up trading pretty much straight up a set of Faking Hart M5's for a set of Prelude Si wheels. i was SOOO RELIEVED to get rid of those 17's. im was actually surprised the dude went through with the deal

...plus tires will more than likely be cheaper...

.......and get locking lugs, you can never be too safe. i dont know about you but i would rage if i walked outside to see my car on blocks

Comment

well on monday we will see if its official. im giving him time to think about it. but he seemed pretty excited about tha whole idea. so we'll see.

as for me...i think im gonna go ahead with tha plan. i can tell tha difference when i drive on my 18's. tha car just feels like theres something pulling it back. and with smaller wheels im guessing that will reduce tha pull.

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited
                  very good point mang... but i dont think i have to worry about that where i live. (state college, pa) itz really a bunch of hikes (no offense) that think my car is ugly because they like chevy trucks.

could i get lockin lug nuts for tha blades?
                  ya mean hicks?

Well...I like the Fat Fives better too...but unlike the Fat fives which made their way onto some of the SE models...the blades were GSR only wheels. Thus any Integra that had them stock was the GSR, which made the car a target for thieves. I love the fat fives, if I could figure out how to get them on the CB I'd do it.
                  which is why i like the rotas.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Get Kyogen lugs if you do get the rims.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I hope to get these this summer...

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        I hope to get these this summer...

altima?

Comment

my ex gf had some gsr blades.. it got stolen after 2 months since buying her car.. then a month later her car got stolen.. she did deserve it.. though.. i told her to put an alarm and garage her car.. but she didnt listen..

Comment

noone will dare...

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                              altima?
                              Yup...I'm trying to figure out how to finnagle the whole thing in the cheapest way possible though. I figure if I can get the wheels w/o tires for $200 I'll be in good shape. They're def. getting painted too, but I dunno what color. I personally prefer stock size rims to huge ones on our little cars unless the offset and profile are absolutely perfect. I think I was hit with the GS-R blade bug at an early age.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X