X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 97Lude
    eh i would never do it, but good luck man
    With any luck I didn't do it either!

They say they would get back to me in 24-48 hours... it's been 48 and they haven't yet. I guess I could claim that it's false advertising and back out that way. I mean, losing one uninterested sale or risking some asshole kid taking them to court would be a no-brainer in my book. How many bogus sponsorship deals would they have to scam to cover the cost of a defense lawyer? Better to let a single sale get away...

Again, thanks guys for filling me in on this! While it does ALMOST seem "too good to be true", it has it's appeal. A free set of Dunlop tires and advertising that appears at local tracks, shows, and EVERYWHERE a noticable car goes is a hell of a deal for Dunlop! A billboard costs $500-$1000 a month if it's cheap! One set of "$500" tires (which probably cost the company $50 to manufacture) is well worth it for them! Still, the "unlimited" amount of decalkits.com sponsorships is what got me thinking (and you guys confirmed that suspicion!) I bet decalkits.com OWNS this company...

Comment

I emailed them twice and told them I wasn't interested. They said to call. I didn't.

Got an email today saying I got a Blaupunkt sponsorship, as well as Decalkits. Go figure! I dunno, I'll see what Blaupunkt has for me. If it's worth it, I'll quiet down and see where this takes me. If it sucks, I'll resume my bitching and false advertising claims (took 4 days, not 2, to get notified).

Edit: Nevermind. Blaupunkt is a quasi-sponsorship. And somehow the Decalkits deal is worth $625. PLEASE show me how to spend $625 on decals!!!
      Last edited by deevergote; 06-16-2005, 11:15 PM.

Comment

dude i could so spend that in decals lol

Comment

Damm $625 in decals.....dammm u gonna have alot of HP to the wheels now.

Comment

wait im confused...you paid 90 bucks and got like a 600 or whatever dollar to some sticker company. does that mean you get 600 dollars worth of stickers? and if yes why not just get all 600 worth for free and sell them all, then you would make like 500 bucks...yea?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I emailed them twice and told them I wasn't interested. They said to call. I didn't.

Got an email today saying I got a Blaupunkt sponsorship, as well as Decalkits. Go figure! I dunno, I'll see what Blaupunkt has for me. If it's worth it, I'll quiet down and see where this takes me. If it sucks, I'll resume my bitching and false advertising claims (took 4 days, not 2, to get notified).

Edit: Nevermind. Blaupunkt is a quasi-sponsorship. And somehow the Decalkits deal is worth $625. PLEASE show me how to spend $625 on decals!!!
              get tha decals, and sell them to people. either through here, or on another board.

:Back In Business...

Comment

I thought when u get sponsored you are suppose to put their products on your car....and if u dont have it on dont they cancel the sponsorship? Isnt that how it works?

Comment

dont do it. many people i know only get the decal kits.com and this 50% off audio shit from companies ive never heard of.

Comment

I get Blaupunkt for cost, but I have no interest in decals and very little in audio... I listen primarily to punk, metal, and jazz. What I have is fine for that! So basically, even my slightly more valuable Blaupunkt deal isn't worth much.

If I can't get out of it, who's interested in Blaupunkt stuff for 20% over cost plus shipping? Honestly, I'll sell what I can for cheapish. I'll take advantage of the decalkits.com crap... put stuff on my car and do what I have to do. Perhaps it'll work out for the best. I'll do it to the DX so my "good" car doesn't get messed up.

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna keep it. I don't feel like going through the pain in the ass of trying to get out of it. Plus, I just got something else... some sort of video sponsorship. Again, not something I'm interested in, but I might as well see where this leads! Perhaps if I play the game, I might get some REAL company to give me a full sponsorship!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Ok, I'm gonna keep it. I don't feel like going through the pain in the ass of trying to get out of it. Plus, I just got something else... some sort of video sponsorship. Again, not something I'm interested in, but I might as well see where this leads! Perhaps if I play the game, I might get some REAL company to give me a full sponsorship!
                        sounds like a good idea, i guess. the sponsorship might turn into something better
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

hey deev read the fine print if you sell the decals and the audio to other people they can make you pay full price for everything you can end up oweing them alot of money you don't really have to begin with just a tip read the FINE PRINT it says how they can make you pay for everything plus whatever else they come up with
                          po crackers need speed too!

Comment

Ah yes... oh well! I'll figure something out. So far I have 2.5 deals going down with them. Not things I want, but at least they're still throwing things my way. Perhaps it's not a waste. Maybe they just offer the crap to everyone so they can weed out those that aren't serious. I paid already, might as well make the best of it!

Comment

I will be keeping an eye on this as it interest me as well.

Comment

Yeah, i signed up for this too...but i wasn't/didn't know how they work...so i just didn't continue down this road. So, you sponsored yet Deev?

*Needs*
                                -New shocks
                                -Struts
                                -Drop
                                -Cleaning
                                -New Tires/Wheels
                                -New Window Tint
                                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Working...
                                X