• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look what i acquired? yay!

on the way to the smog station

and it rained last night and i left my primered valve cover outside
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

that sucks, but be glad it wasn't a low profile tire or a performance one. you can get a tire for like $30-$40 range.. just re-do the valve cover.. don't let it get to ya mang.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

oh, im not trippin, lol.

i have a set of prelude si rims to put on, just need to buy 2 new tires and ill swap them with my EX's right now.

as for the valve cover, im sure it didnt affect it because it was light drizzle and probably completely cured already.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

yeah, less than a week ago, my dad says to me "you better check your tires pressure" I'm like "?" I just checked/filled than like 6-7 days previously. So I check the back right and it's at 8 psi. I was hoping it was just some fluke but I jack my car up and spin the tire, sure enough theres a nail right effing there *damnit* I just bought these tires a couple months ago when I got my new rims and suspension. Well I went to Walmart and bought some of that sealant in a can, and yanked out the nail in the parking lot. I used the sealant and drove it home. It's not leaking now, but I need to repressurize it. I kept the nail, it's sitting here on my desk. It's your standard, generic nail and 1" long. I'd take a picture, but that's not really necessary.
        One question though, do I need to do anything else to/for this tire? Is the can sealant enough that I can just "set it and forget it"? My dad says I need to use that PIMA tar like strip sort of thing so I don't have to worry about the hole opening up again.

Oh, and sorry for jacking your thread, I don't want to steal or redirect any potential sympathy jk

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

That sucks man. I use the tire repair stuff all the time. It's the stuff that is like a black stick of goo that you ram into the opening There is cement you use with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
            yeah, less than a week ago, my dad says to me "you better check your tires pressure" I'm like "?" I just checked/filled than like 6-7 days previously. So I check the back right and it's at 8 psi. I was hoping it was just some fluke but I jack my car up and spin the tire, sure enough theres a nail right effing there *damnit* I just bought these tires a couple months ago when I got my new rims and suspension. Well I went to Walmart and bought some of that sealant in a can, and yanked out the nail in the parking lot. I used the sealant and drove it home. It's not leaking now, but I need to repressurize it. I kept the nail, it's sitting here on my desk. It's your standard, generic nail and 1" long. I'd take a picture, but that's not really necessary.
            One question though, do I need to do anything else to/for this tire? Is the can sealant enough that I can just "set it and forget it"? My dad says I need to use that PIMA tar like strip sort of thing so I don't have to worry about the hole opening up again.

Oh, and sorry for jacking your thread, I don't want to steal or redirect any potential sympathy jk
            ive heard that the sealant isnt the greatest thing to use when fixing a hole.
            BEST thing to do is to take the tire off and patch it.
            2nd best would be to use the plugs
            last thing you would want to do is use the sealant shit because it creates a mess inside your tires and eventually it is going to crack.

im not sure if id patch this staple because part of it is in my side wall and the punctures are pretty damn wide.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

There's a ton of houses being built in the suburbs just north of Dallas. Those shingle nails that have the plastic discs around the heads are found everywhere and I've had to repair tires on more than one occasion because of them.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

damn and your out in the middle of the sticks man no offense whatever you do do not take that shit out or hit alot of bumps. Hope your riding with a spare now lets get those rims on there buddy.

Comment

my mom left me a note this morning and my tire is now flat...
                  so im riding with SI rims int he front and the EX's in the rear, hella ghetto style.
                  well, at least i have the mismatched tint, mising a side skirt and half painted moldings to complete the ghettoness.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    ive heard that the sealant isnt the greatest thing to use when fixing a hole.
                    last thing you would want to do is use the sealant shit because it creates a mess inside your tires and eventually it is going to crack.
                    I would buy a new tire, that staple does appear to be in the sidewall and it's not worth wrecking your car (or you) if a patch blows out on the highway.

As far as the sealant, the reason the sealant is bad is that when it dries, it never gets evening dispersed around your tire, it's always going to pool somewhere and throw off the balance of your tire. That would be particularly a bad thing in the front.

Comment

damn that sucks

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
                      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

what a bummer, but atleast it wasnt something more serious, like a belt snapped or something. Good luck with the tire situation

usually when something bad happens to me 'when it rains, it pours', so im glad that didnt happen
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I wouldn't mind taking it down to a tire place, they could unmount (?) it and patch it for me if they do that. The place that mounted and balanced my tires for me only charged like 10-15 per tire, something like that. So as long as it's fairly cheap I don't mind going down there on my day off. And while the tires is off maybe they can remove all that can sealant that's in there as well?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

hey, ive got the same tires as you.

my rear one's got a nail in it, i feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              on the way to the smog station

and it rained last night and i left my primered valve cover outside
                              So wait, you can say you nailed your tire..?

haha, I don't get it.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X