No announcement yet.

Motor swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it...the 2ZZ isn't even that great of an engine; you'd have to do a lot to it to get good low-end tractability and overall power. Plus everything with the wiring and OBDx would just compound that...it's up to you I guess. Personally I would do a high compression build on an F22A/F22B DOHC hybrid and call it a day, but that's just me. Good luck on your project and keep us posted.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

OK, got the axles figured out, i am having The Driveshaft shop build me a set to handle about 350hp, and the motor mount problem might be solved. My car is a 94 EX and in 95 they put the 2.7L V6 in it. With the V6, the transmission is on the drivers side, as is the transmission on the 2ZZ. So i think that might help with those problems. Anyway, as progress continues, i will keep ya'll posted.
      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
      4.0L I-6 2WD
      293k miles, still running strong.
      Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

ok, got an email back from the Driveshaft shop, and they quoted me $600 for the axles. Which isnt too bad considering they are being custom made and being made from Chromoly....so yea. im off to the garage to do some more measurements and phone calls.
        4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

anything is possible when you have money laying around. I'm not hating, but you must have some cash laying around just to be different. Its a very creative swap and it will be a very costly swap as well. I hope you have another car to drive and patience like a bitch. I wish you all the luck. You just got my creative ass thinking now. Maybe I'll try to make my cb7 convertible with a s2000 motor? Shit, anything is possible with money. Good luck!!!!

Comment

You would be surprised as to how much this is NOT costing me. The only things that are really gonna cost me some dough is the drivetrain, wiring, ecu and gauge cluster. The 2ZZ is not gonna cost me anymore than an H22 would with all the parts. Im not stressing it really. The install itself is costing me nothing. I am doing it. I am also going to be painting it. so all i have to pay for there is the paint itself. But i will let you know as progress continues.
            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

hey they make 302 liter v8 conv. for the ford focus. so good luck bro.
              CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

UPDATE....found a 2ZZ with everything i need for 1100. thats engine, trans, wiring, ecu, gauge cluster, cooling system, etc. pretty much the whole front end. will be picking it up here in about 2 weeks or so after the guy gets shit settled with his insurance company. progress to come soon i hope.
                4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

dude, GET IT STARTED AS SOON AS YOU GET YOUR SHIT, SON!!!

I wanna see this swap. its gonna be sweeeeeeeet

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

oh i will, of course before any motor swapping begins, i must completely strip the enigne bay, re-weld new motor mounts, and run the wiring, begin to install cooling system. then paint. then get measurements for custom driveshafts.....alot of work ahead of me, so bear with me as this could be a tedious and long process. pics soon to come....hopefully...
                    4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

This is going to be a VERY interesting ordeal I'm surprised at the low cost of the axles. $600 is about what their 400hp axles run, and those are mass produced, not one-offs.

Comment

something else has come to my attention...the 3S-gte is a popular swap into the newer body Celicas, so if the 2ZZ im going to buy is damaged or a piece of shit in any way, im going to just get a JDM 3S-gte and slap that bitch in. Hopefully the 2ZZ will be all gravy. we shall see.
                        4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

What made you choose the Celica engine anyway? Fairly inexpensive horsepower, or do you have more of a connection to Toyota engines?

Comment

Well, one of my best friends has a 2001 Celica GT-S and we were just talking one day about motor swaps and started discussing his motor in my car. It's not as torque-less as most think. I mean take the RSX for example, they have 175hp and 125lb-ft of tq at the wheels.(checked dynos on clubrsx.com) and the Celica's numbers of 180hp and 130tq i believe are rated at the wheels. There arent many Honda motors that make butt-loads of torqu anyway. I was debating a K-series swap, but i know that the blocks dont handle boost well, if thats a route i choose in the future. The VVTL-i system in the 2ZZ seems to hit alot harder than i-VTEC, IMO. But, i really wanted to do something different, and as far as i know, the 2ZZ has never been swapped into a Accord of any year. So that about sums it up. Hey, all things start as an idea, right? So this is mine.
                            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Works for me

If you did the K series, you could make a FORTUNE by copying and selling the mounts though! I know quite a few on here that would love to have some mounts!

Regardless, the lack of torque doesn't seem all that bad. Only what, about 12 less than the F22A? With some bolt-on mods, you can regain that. If you boost, then that difference really won't matter. You really ARE putting Toyota's equivalent of the B series into your Accord, but for the originality factor it's worth it.

Comment

bolt on HP gains
                                DC Sports Header~~12 Hp
                                TRD Chip~~11Hp and 10tq
                                Intake~~2-3hp and tq...maybe
                                Full Exhaust~~3-7hp and tq....maybe
                                from there i will probably get the Apexi Power FC, possibly boost(dont know yet) and of course a CF hood and Trunk...I am also painting the car Spectre Blue Mica with a Black top..the black top with the CF hood and trunk should look good and i love that blue, so it should look good. oh, and of course some sexy wheels...
                                4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Working...
                                X